Time holes in motion detection

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
theemed

Time holes in motion detection

Post by theemed »

Today I was gotten by the hype of secutiry/motion detection webcams, and started trying a lot of softwares; I currently settled for yours, as the motion detection algorythm can be easily manipulated to fit one's needs, yet while detecting the motion, it seems to be heavily "lazy"...
I already found the optimal sensitivity/tolerance for my room, and that's not the problem... but I tried several (a lot of) combinations of array/flood control, but no matter what, I never get Yawcam to capture every single shot with movement. If I go in front of the cam and I wave long enough, as soon as the array ends, the new one starts with too long of a delay, even if I keep moving in the meantime (and flood control is not interfering in that, either 1 sec or disabled it's the same). For example, I wave my arms slowly enough 10 times, and Yawcam shots only 7 of them (shot interval of 100-200ms). I tried longer arrays with longer flood controls, shorter arrays with shorter flood controls, but nothing changes.

A quick check is by setting sensitivity to 100, which captures all the moire effect of my old philips cam... so it's techically always triggered. But in that mode, it only captures the first array, and then stops. I have to lower the sensitivity, get moiree under tolerance, then increase it again and it starts a new array.

Looks like a new array gets started ONLY IF before it there's a pause with no motion.

Why did you make this choice?

The way you can adjust the motion settings is great, as it is the possibility to setup an interval expressed in milliseconds (while other software like dorgem is maxed a 1fps), so I am more then happy to trade Yawcam's higher CPU usage (still compared to dorgem) for the top notch motion detection settings and the customizable interval, yet the motion detection "time holes" could be easily solved ;)

Edit: corresponding to the times at which a motion detection/screnshot occurs, I get "Error: null" entries in the console.