Corrupted image when using high resolution

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
aeb3

Corrupted image when using high resolution

Post by aeb3 »

Hello,
I'm having a problem with Yawcam when I set the webcam options to run at 1280x1024 (under the "Format control..."). The image output gets flipped around and is mostly black (see below). The problem happens no matter which output method I use (ftp, stream, http, etc). The images look fine when using 640x480 resolution. I'm using the most up-to-date drivers for the cam, it's a Dynex 1.3MP.
I really like the software, its so easy to use and works solidly for me, except this one problem.
Any suggestions?

example image:
giba_cps

Post by giba_cps »

I have the same problem. Did you resolve it?
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

At what sequence do you save the pictures ?
I suppose when using the high resolution mode, saving every second is simply not possible.
To less time to write/save the data
Thomas Acid

Post by Thomas Acid »

Same problem here + graied device properties problem.
Nothing's in the horizon...no way to downgrade JRE... :cry:
Laura Boivin

Re: Corrupted image when using high resolution

Post by Laura Boivin »

aeb3 wrote:Hello,
I'm having a problem with Yawcam when I set the webcam options to run at 1280x1024 (under the "Format control..."). The image output gets flipped around and is mostly black (see below). The problem happens no matter which output method I use (ftp, stream, http, etc). The images look fine when using 640x480 resolution. I'm using the most up-to-date drivers for the cam, it's a Dynex 1.3MP.
I really like the software, its so easy to use and works solidly for me, except this one problem.
Any suggestions?

example image:
I changed my settings to 1280x1024 to see what would happen. No problem here, but I'm wondering if the camera makes the difference.
I think the average webcam cannot function at such a high resolution.
I'm using a Canon Camcorder.
Thomas Acid

Solved (For me)

Post by Thomas Acid »

This work for me:
  • Uninstall Yawcam
  • Unistall Logitech quickcam softwares and drivers
  • Install ONLY Logitech quickcam drivers
  • Install Yawcam
Avoiding Logitech webcam softs whit VID, Yawcam works perfectly! :D Well...at least for me!
- Logitech quickcam Fusion V-UAR33 on Windows XP Pro sp3/JRE 6 update 17/Yawcam 0.3.0 > 1 (2007-04-06)
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

Hey Thomas Acid

Can we see your stream?...please :)
okie

Post by okie »

I have the same problem, but ONLY when using motion detection. I have a Logitech cam, but already have only the drivers installed.