Suddenly getting Yawcam/FTP errors on 3 PC's

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Helge

Suddenly getting Yawcam/FTP errors on 3 PC's

Post by Helge »

Hi
I am running Yawcam as a "simple FTP upload program" (no video streaming etc) however using an 48 image array of the last 48 images (24 hours).

Furthermore I am running this on 4 different PC's and have been doing so for almost 2 years. Suddenly... on 3 of the 4 PC's I am starting to get FTP error messages:
"[09:11] Ftp error: Software caused connection abort: socket write error"
I can also see that a high percentage of the images gets only partially uploaded or not uploaded at all. The 3 PC's in question have all been rebooted without this helping.

All 4 PC's are located in the same LAN in my vacation house. 2 of the PC's are connected with cable in a 100mbps net and 2 PC's have a WLAN connection. Only on 1 of the 2 PC's with cable connection is now Yawcam still working properly.

I am running Yawcam Version 0.2.6>7 built: 2007-03-03 on four Pentium 4 PC's with 1GB or more RAM and using 3 Creative Live Motion Webcams and 1 Philips webcam. Only one PC with a Creative Live Motion Webcams have now a fully operational Yawcam. All four PC's are uploading to one of my websites and I have checked with the webhotel company that I have not run into limits by them.

As I already have metioned I have tried rebooting the PC's, updating Java and downgrading Java - no success.

HELP ! ...any suggestions?
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

Correct me if i'm wrong,
If i understand your explanation, all PC using wireless do not function anymore.
Seems like the wireless functionality of the router is either not configured anymore or your router doesn't work properly.
From your computers (using wireless) can you access internet ?
When you checking if you are On line, what does Yawcam tells you ?
Helge

Post by Helge »

tellmewhy wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong, If i understand your explanation, all PC using wireless do not function anymore.
Yes but this also goes for Yawcam on one of the two PC's with a able connection to the router (not wireless).

However - the problem was solved today. It was actually a problem on the web hotel. It was only a bit strange that this did not influence the last of the 4 PC's and Yawcam's.