Beta 0.2.6>7 user defined overlay

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
PaulHill

Beta 0.2.6>7 user defined overlay

Post by PaulHill »

Hi Magnus,

Where in the settings do I define the file to lookup for overlay content. I am wanting to include Lat/Long GPS info, speed, altitude, heading to the images as overlays. What format does the data need to be, comma delimited, spaced, tagged etc. Can it be a text file or do I need it as an xml file.

Regards, Paul
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

The data should be placed in a text file. The text file should be placed in the <yawcam directory>\extravars directory. (e.g. c:\program files\yawcam\extravars)

All data in the first line of the textfile will be parsed and replace the special variable used in the overlay.

Here follows an example of how it works:

A variable called {temperature} will read from the file {temperature}.txt
Say that you have an external script that writes the current temperature in the file {temperature}.txt, you can then display this temperature as an overlay in Yawcam by including the variable {temperature} in the text overlay.

When you have a script or program that produces the text file, open the overlay settings in Yawcam. (Settings -> Edit settings... -> Overlay -> text) Here you should enter the first part of name of the text file as the variable.

I hope this was clear enough... Otherwise ask again ;-)

/malun
rortt

GPS Script for placing variables into files

Post by rortt »

Does anyone have a script which will take GPS NMEA data and place them into these files for overlay use?