Frame Rate Format Control

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
spaceman8815

Frame Rate Format Control

Post by spaceman8815 »

Hi,

I am currently using YAWCAM with a Logitech C920 on a Windows XP PC as a weather webcam. The computer I am running it on will not display an image correctly at 30 fps @ 1024x576 res. (frame tearing etc.) which I assume is because the PC hardware is not fast enough, so I have set the frame rate under 'format control' to 5 fps which displays an image fine. However, when ever YAWCAM or the camera is restarted the frame rate gets reset to 30 fps (res. stays at 1024x576) and so the frame tearing comes back, which can only be fixed by manually setting the frame rate back to 5 fps. This can become annoying if YAWCAM randomly restarts the camera throughout the day without me realising as it affects my stream, ftp image to my website and also I save a series of images each day to automatically generate a timelapse.

I was wondering if it is possible to save the frame rate setting so that when YAWCAM restarts the frame rate stays the same?
Any help would be much appreciated.
z3r0c00l12

Re: Frame Rate Format Control

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Unfortunately, I think the frame rate is not a setting that is saved.
Thomas Acid

Post by Thomas Acid »

Try Settings>Edit Settings>Stream>Additional Settings>ImageProducer rate
gmFalka

Post by gmFalka »

z3r0c00l12 wrote:Unfortunately, I think the frame rate is not a setting that is saved.
I ran into this problem too! Is this something that can be fixed with an update?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Perhaps an update to the driver, because as far as I know, the frame rate is a driver setting and not a Yawcam setting, so unless your camera vendor provides an updated driver that saves the frame rate, I don't think there is much else that can be done.