Maintaining Preview Window Size

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
i-travel

Maintaining Preview Window Size

Post by i-travel »

On some occasions I use Yawcam's "Window/Preview" option to display one of my outside IP cameras on my PC's monitor. I do not stream this camera anywhere. Strictly for in house viewing of that camera. Are there any hacks or hooks that can maintain Yawcam's "Window/Preview" at a particular size? In other words If I wanted to leave a preview window open on my PC's desktop at around 3''x2", is this possible rather than the default size that the preview window always displays ?

Thank you.
I-travel
malun
Site Admin

Re: Maintaining Preview Window Size

Post by malun »

Sorry, but there is no support in Yawcam for that today.
Only window position is saved.

/malun
i-travel

Post by i-travel »

Thanks Malum. What about Yawviewer that I see posted in various places on the web. Is it still valid? Looks like it might do the trick. I downloaded and installed but have no idea how to run it. No instructions given. Thanks I-Travel
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Give it a try from here and let us know if it works:
http://www.yawcam.com/yawviewer/
i-travel

Post by i-travel »

Thanks. I had already downloaded from that site but have no idea how to add my parameters. I get a window like my attachment shows, but clicking on the small camera icon does little. All reference sites to Yawviewer appear to be gone now. Help :-)
Attachments
yawviewer.JPG
yawviewer.JPG (29.46 KiB) Viewed 30071 times
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Unfortunately, since it was written in 2004-2006, it is very likely that it won't work. The original developer would have to give you a hand on that one.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I gave it a try. You enter the parameters after clicking the Yawcam eye. But the settings only appeared every tenth time i clicked the button or so.
It needs the stream type in Yawcam to be set to Java Applet.
But even with all settings right, it looks like yawviewer doesn't work any more.

/malun
i-travel

Post by i-travel »

Thanks everyone for your help. Yep it appears that no matter what I try this viewer no longer works. Appreciate your responses !! :wink:
jolivo

Post by jolivo »

Original developer of Yawviewer here! Sorry to hear it doesn't work with the latest version of Yawcam. Is there still any interest in getting Yawviewer to work?
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

jolivo,
Short answer, YES!
Like the OP, I would like to be able to have resized instances on my desktop in preview mode.
Thanks in Advance