snapshot naming options?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
yodahead

snapshot naming options?

Post by yodahead »

When using the File option, is there a way to save the image to a different file name each time (example: out1.jpg, out2.jpg, etc.). I am interested in taking image snapshots at a set inteval (say 30 minutes) and eventually publishing them to a web page.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

In the current version there is no such option. But several people have asked for it so I'll try to include it in the next release. But as usual it might take som time :wink:

/malun
yodahead

Post by yodahead »

FYI-

I found a "work around". I am using Yawcam for http streaming and snapshot requests, and am using a program named Dorgem that allows you to automatically take snapshots at a pre-defined time interval, and name the file using the current time and date stamp. That way, it doesn't save over the previous picture each time.

I also found a great utility, SplitCam, that allows you to utilize 2 or more programs simultaneously that require the webcam driver. Without it, you could only run Yawcam or Dorgem, not both at the same time. I'm actually running 3 programs now. I am also encoding the video for Windows Media Player using Windows Media Encoder.

Kurt

Post by Guest »

yodahead wrote:FYI-

I found a "work around". I am using Yawcam for http streaming and snapshot requests, and am using a program named Dorgem that allows you to automatically take snapshots at a pre-defined time interval, and name the file using the current time and date stamp. That way, it doesn't save over the previous picture each time.

I also found a great utility, SplitCam, that allows you to utilize 2 or more programs simultaneously that require the webcam driver. Without it, you could only run Yawcam or Dorgem, not both at the same time. I'm actually running 3 programs now. I am also encoding the video for Windows Media Player using Windows Media Encoder.

Kurt