Images stored with -File- do not change/update

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Helge

Images stored with -File- do not change/update

Post by Helge »

While every new image uploaded to my web page by Yawcam FTP works fine (a NEW "different" image every time) storing images to the local hard drive with Yawcam FILE gives me a lot of identical images (date and time changes but not the image/photo).

What can be the reason for this?
z3r0c00l12

Re: Images stored with -File- do not change/update

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

If the interval between each picture is too high and the camera is released every time, the camera doesn't have time to initialize before the picture is taken and results in a stale picture.
Helge

Post by Helge »

The time interval for file save to local disk is moderate 30 seconds. That should not be a fast update rate...?! Yes the FTP update interval I am using is longer, with 10 minutes but half a minute should not be too fast - not at least to local disk!

I've checked the last 24 hours with half a minute interval images (for making a timelapse) The first 236 images are identical (except for the time stamp), then 2 (TWO) images are actually updating correctly (image is changing) before another 21 images are identical, then another 2 images are changing (correctly updated) and so on and so on..... I have experienced this with TWO diffent PC's now. One dualcore Dell with Windows XP (w/Microsoft Lifecam Cinema) and this last one (Asus with 4th gen. i5 CPU) with Windows 7 (w/Microsoft Lifecam Studio).
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Try setting the interval lower, like 10 seconds.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

You can also try the latest beta version:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4317
It has some fixes to overcome problems with identical images after camera wake up.

/malun