Increase length of video capture

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
testjoxer

Increase length of video capture

Post by testjoxer »

Hi, does anyone know if possible to increase the length of the video captured when motion is detected ?
TURTLE

Re: Increase length of video capture

Post by TURTLE »

I came here to find the answer to this as well. Did you ever find a solution?

A setting to record a min video length if an event is triggered would be ideal.
MrGadget

Post by MrGadget »

Bump...
Keen for this as well...
apoole

Post by apoole »

I too am looking for the answer to this question. I've read the help, FAQ, and other forum discussions. Nothing so far.
ocbroadband

Post by ocbroadband »

Can anyone please answer this? 5-6 seconds of video is not very flexible. Is there a setting somewhere that it can be changed, or will a new release offer this feature?
v0id

Post by v0id »

Hello. Is there an option for max length video? For example, I want to record 5 sec video with pause min 10 sec between motion detection.
meebzorp

Post by meebzorp »

I really need this feature. I need more like a 20-second default rather than the 6-7 second default I'm seeing now. Making this time period adjustable would be a very welcomed new feature. Please and thank you.
GoneToPlaid

Post by GoneToPlaid »

It would be nice to have begin and end padding time settings in Yawcam. Just guessing, but it appears that Yawcam does automatically save 2 seconds of video before the motion filter is activated, and 2 seconds of video after the motion filter is not seeing any changes?
GoneToPlaid

Post by GoneToPlaid »

I just reviewed a motion detection video. It missed small amounts of clearly visible motion which I saw in real time, starting a good 3 to 4 seconds before the motion detection activated. I would prefer adjustment settings, and default settings which record 10 seconds prior and after the motion detection filter activated and deactivates, since I have plenty of hard drive space to burn.
cesarius23

Post by cesarius23 »

The setting of the recording length is imho the only missing feature of this beautiful app. I've started a Poll(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5046) some time ago only for this feature. :)

I am using it for more than a year now with a Logitech USB cam and it works very stable(at least when I set the Webcam to a lower resolution because Yawcam crashes from time to time when the Webcam is set in Full HD Mode).