Windows XP crash

Report and discuss bugs here!
Nothlit

Windows XP crash

Post by Nothlit »

I love Yawcam...it has everything I need. But I ran into a rather nasty bug. I'm using an older-model Logitech QuickCam Express, USB, connected to my Compaq Evo N600c laptop running Windows XP Professional. If I unplug the camera while Yawcam is running, I get a critical stop error (blue screen of death) and my computer reboots by itself. However, if Yawcam is not running, I can unplug the camera without any problems. Any ideas what might be causing this? Right now it's just a minor inconvenience to have to remember to shut down Yawcam first, but it would be nice if this bug could be squashed.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Wow, I have never tried to unplug my camera when Yawcam is running. I have to test it right away :wink:
Ok, I'm back. The preview window went black, but I didn't get a bluescreen. I think what happens depends on the drivers for your camera. I'm using Windows XP Pro and a Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000 so I don't think there should be so big difference. Perhaps it helps if you update your drivers?

I don't have control over what's happening when the camera is unplugged. So I will not be able to fix this problem. Sorry! We have to hope that the latest drivers will fix the problem!

Have anyone else noticed this matter?

/malun
Nothlit

Post by Nothlit »

Oh well, I guess I will just have to get used to shutting down Yawcam first. The only reason I need to unplug the camera is because it's running on a laptop that has to go with me to class from time to time. ;) I'll see if I can crash it again and catch the name of the buggy driver this time. Maybe it will shed some light on the problem. Unfortunately, these are the newest drivers, so I don't think much can be done about it.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I'm sad to hear that you allready are using the latest drivers. :(
But do you really have to unplug? Haven't you heard of live broadcasted classes? :wink: :P

/malun