Hibernation

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
boxmonkey

Hibernation

Post by boxmonkey »

Hello,

First I want to say thanks for Yawcam, it's great! However, I have one feature request for a future version. Could you make Yawcam stop when hibernation is requested and start when the computer is resumed? I'm using XP and when I attempt to hibernate with yawcam running, it is prevented from going into hibernation mode by the camera because it is being accessed. I have to close Yawcam and then hibernate, then I have to remember to start Yawcam again when I resume from hibernation.

Thanks!
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I don't get this problem at all. I can hibernate with the camera running, and it will start automatically when the computer is starting up again.

Perhaps this is a problem related to which camera and the driver for this camera that is used. I'm using a Logitech QuickCam for Notebook. What kind of webcam are you using?

Anybody else having problem hibernating?

I think it can be a bit tricky to detect hibernation from a java application, so I'm not sure I can fix this problem by deactivate the cam before hibernation...

/malun
boxmonkey

Post by boxmonkey »

Yeah, I have no idea if the windows message that gets sent out before entering hibernation can be received in a java client. It's possible that it is related to my webcam drivers too, unfortunately it's a Philips 740k and they only ever released one set of crappy drivers for the thing and never updated it. :( Too bad, because it's a great webcam otherwise.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I found a way to detect a hibernation. At least it works for me...

Get this version:
http://www.yawcam.com/beta/yawcam_hibernate.rar

...and let me know if this one works for you too.

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I found a bug in yawcam_hibernate.rar, so get the latest beta instead where this bug is fixed:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=484

/malun