USB WEB Camera detection problem

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Spiderfreak

USB WEB Camera detection problem

Post by Spiderfreak »

I can't get the program to detect my Philips USB Webcamera.
It work just fine in Msn Messenger. And in Windows XP controlpanel it shows. So what wrong? :(
kwikone

USB Webcam detection

Post by kwikone »

You did not indicate what version. I also have problems with the Beta (0.2.6>7) version not detecting my USB webcam, but no problems whatsoever with 0.2.6
kwikone

Camera Detection problem fixed

Post by kwikone »

By downloading and installing the recommendation of malun (see http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=551) resolved my camera detection problems
Helge

Re: Camera Detection problem fixed

Post by Helge »

kwikone wrote:By downloading and installing the recommendation of malun (see http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=551) resolved my camera detection problems
This did NOT help me getting Yawcam to detect my newest webcam. I wanted to replace my old 352X288 pixels (true chip resolution) Creative Instant camera with a 640X480 pixels (true chip resolution - 1.3 Mpix with interpolation). Windows XP do find the new webcam and shows the picture in Windows Explorer and of coarse the software that came with the camera can show the picture. That software do however not have the picture array possibilities in Yawcam..... :cry: and Yawcam will not detect the new camera :evil:
surva

Post by surva »

It's apparent that alot of cam companies are now striking deals with MS. MicroSilly struck a deal with Phillips I know that much.

My brother went out and bought one of their newest designs and it claimed that it could do web cam as well. It was working in MSN and nothing else. Not yahoo, ICQ or Skype, just windows itself in "My Computer" and MSN. He called Phillips and they said that it is only geared to work with MSN due to a deal that has been made between them and MS and that it IS in the fine print of his manual. Not sure if he tried to find it in the manual or not. I will ask him.

So if any of this is true, we are soon to see third party hacks coming out so that our new cams will work.
dynacam

Found my camera Genius Slim 321C

Post by dynacam »

After applying the fix the camera was found
Thanks