beta 2007-06-11

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
xsnrg

beta 2007-06-11

Post by xsnrg »

I am experiencing a problem with the current beta where when run as a service, remote machines are not able to connect.

How to repeat:

Install and set up yawcam beta2007-06-11 from the interface
Close yawcam
install the service
start the service
try to connect from the local machine (works fine)
try to connect from a remote machine on the same network (does not work)
stop the service
start yawcam normally without changing any configuration
connect from yawcam locally, works fine
connect from machines on the network that did not work before, works fine.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

It is possible that your firewall is blocking the traffic to Yawcam when it is running as a service. When Yawcam runs as a service it uses the file servicewrapper.exe located in Yawcam's directory. (e.g. C:\Program files\Yawcam\servicewrapper.exe ). Configure your firewall to allow this file access the Internet and see if that helps.

/malun
xsnrg

almost

Post by xsnrg »

You had the right idea.

One change. Because yawcam does not start a connection to the outside, what had to be allowed was adding the port where yawcam is listening on for outside access. In my case this was 8081. I just added that as a port, and restarted the service.

BTW, I should have checked the firewall on this machine before I posted... On my other machines, I don't run that service, so I assumed it wasn't on this one either. Thanks for the help!

Jim
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Nice to hear :D
/malun