Default to best quality

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
StevieW

Default to best quality

Post by StevieW »

Hi, is there anyway I can make my streaming image display a quality of 75% rather than the default 30%?

I have the quality in settings set to 100%.

Thanks.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yes, this can be done if you edit the template file.

In "Settings -> Edit settings... -> Stream" make sure the "Stream type" is selected as JavaScript.
Then edit the file template_js.html located here: <yawcam-directory>\stream\template_js.html

Look for the line:

Code: Select all

var quality = 30;
...and change 30 to 75.

That's it.

/malun
StevieW

Post by StevieW »

Hi Malun, that worked perfectly. Thanks for your quick reply :-)
VonnerNIX

Default FPS

Post by VonnerNIX »

I have followed the instructions for chaning the default quality to try and get the FPS set to something other than 30. I have changed

var fps = 5;
and as soon as I load the webpage it is still doing 30fps, but the arrow is pointing to 5fps.

Any suggestions?

p.s. Sorry to hijack your thread StevieW
StevieW

Post by StevieW »

Have you tried changing the fps setting with Yawcam?

If you go to settings, Output/Stream then click Additional settings, there is a slider called ImageProducer rate.

Not really sure what that does, but might be worth putting it on a lower setting and see what happens.

If that does not help, then its over to Malun!
VonnerNIX

Post by VonnerNIX »

Yes, I've got that set to 5 FPS as well. I thought that would take care of it too, but I guess not.

Thanks for the response StevieW
StevieW

Post by StevieW »

There seems to be another fps setting in Settings -> Device -> Format control.
VonnerNIX

Post by VonnerNIX »

The only thing I don't like about that is it will change the settings on my host computer, where I would like to be able to watch it in full time. I am using it for a baby monitor, and the host computer will be used for real time, the laptop (networked computer) will be used as a way to see the baby while I am doing other things. So I don't need a real time update.
StevieW

Post by StevieW »

Not sure if this would work, but perhaps you could use Yawcam's own viewer on the host computer, but scale the image for use over the Internet/network via a web page.

I have never done timings on it, but perhpas if the web page image is scaled down perhaps it runs faster. The scale option is in Output/Stream

I use my Yawcam viewer at 640x480 and the web page scaled to 320x240

Think that's about as far as my knowledge of Yawcam goes, so hope you find a solution. Good luck :-)
Huskerfan

Why maxed at 75%?

Post by Huskerfan »

Why can't the user view my image at 100%? I understand that would take a lotta bandwidth but if I'm only going to have 1 or 2 people viewing my camera I wouldn't be using much bandwidth.

great program, btw!
Dabbith

Re: Default FPS

Post by Dabbith »

VonnerNIX wrote:I have followed the instructions for chaning the default quality to try and get the FPS set to something other than 30. I have changed

var fps = 5;
and as soon as I load the webpage it is still doing 30fps, but the arrow is pointing to 5fps.

Any suggestions?
In case anyone else needs an answer to this question. To change the default framerate you need to change these two lines:

var fps = 30;
var timeout = 33;
The Timeout should be 1000/fps. That's why timeout defaults to 33 (1000/30). So for a framerate of 10, fps should be 10 and timeout should be 100.