Could Yawcam split the webcam's video?

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
mcruzmx

Could Yawcam split the webcam's video?

Post by mcruzmx »

I'm thinking about this option, because Yawcam it's one of my favorites programs, but when you use Yawcam just you are able to use only your webcam for Yawcam, so if you want to use the same webcam with another program like messenger, you get an error, ofcourse only if you don't have another program to split the video like splitcamara, this last work ok, but it's nothing functional cuz the user can close it and Yawcam don't work anymore (because splicatcamara, works like a virtual default camara) so...

I wish for the next version of Yawcam :o just like advice, if it's possible this options jjeje. :roll:

1-let us use our webcams the same time when we are using Yawcam and another program without need to set up another program.
2-the option to make a password to change the Yawcam's settings (where the user try to open the Yawcam's panel when you set disable or enable FTP, HTTP, etc..)
3-this like a plus, the possibility to select remotly the webcam that you want to use, like, access to the Yawcam remotly. like when you use the Yawcam http streaming you have a little menu bar, we could get a plus option like "administration" and there just with a password select betewin the remotes camaras.

Wellll!!! I know this sound like a freaky guy, but, I think this are very important options, excactly to split the video. please!!!

thanks buddies. and let me say you that you are doing a very grate work!!!
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

Didn't you red my answer here ?
Split webcam with Yawcam?
tellmewhy wrote:You can use a "driver" to do so.
Use Splitcam to do this.
I did some tests with it.
Read all about at my forum.
See the thread - SplitCam - virtual video clone

Or you can simply connect a second webcam to your computer.
As for a password to protect the stream ?
That feature does exist too.
See the Yawcam - On-line help.

As for "Question" number 3 that maybe a nice feature indeed.
mcruzmx

emmm

Post by mcruzmx »

emm... I want to mean with the first one, I know about splitcam, but, it's another program, and the user (remotly) can close it, cuz this program (splitcam) don't alow any administrator protection like "panel by password" or the "settings" any user can close it and change the settings, could be very nice if the next version of Yawcam is with some feature that alow to split the video (and work like a virtual camara, maybe just alow another one more program to use the webcam, that's it)

so.. the second point is not excactly remotly, you know, if I set up Yawcam in my work computer, and there some one open -again- the yawcam (even when yawcam is hide or silent) this (yawcam) ask if you want to open another instance, if you clic "no" the control panel (for example) it's now visible, and this user can change it.

I'm talking about the posibility of give us this options only for security (#2) and the first one is only for let us to work it more easy than now :roll: , any ways, yawcam is an excelent software and I happy cuz it help me to do somethings :wink:

Thanks buddie for answere me ! :D
tellmewhy

Re: emmm

Post by tellmewhy »

mcruzmx wrote:emm... I want to mean with the first one, I know about splitcam, but, it's another program, and the user (remotly) can close it, cuz this program (splitcam) don't alow any administrator protection like "panel by password" or the "settings" any user can close it and change the settings,
Shematicly this is how Split Camera operates.

In order to close your programm and change settings, i always thought the remote user has to have access to the drive (change settings and save them to disk.
The settings for Yawcam are saved in a .XML file (yawcam_settings.xml - stored in C:\Program Files\[Yawcam_installation_directory]).

For Split Camera you don't have to allow the EXE to access the internet and you don't have to open an extra port neither.
I wonder then how can you close the application remotely ?
(remote access feutures excluded)
(This is an interesting conversation)
mcruzmx wrote:so.. the second point is not excactly remotly, you know, if I set up Yawcam in my work computer, and there some one open -again- the yawcam (even when yawcam is hide or silent) this (yawcam) ask if you want to open another instance, if you clic "no" the control panel (for example) it's now visible, and this user can change it.
Make clear to your coworkers it's a personal computer and they realy don't need to open applications without your knownledge.
And you can of course also lock your computer when your gone for a longer period of time.
mcruzmx

Post by mcruzmx »

Hi buddie! thanks for your time! =)

I'm changing my firts advice =) jeje (to be more clear)

in Yawcam are an excelent option, this is "conection" is about the public ip (computer where are yawcam) this option have this "Detect every x minutes." so, we can establish a time to check if this ip was changed it.

we could get maybe an option like this, but! about the web cam :D you know, check every x minutes if the webcam was changed it, Where I want to go with this?

example,

if we are using splitcam (I don't like this program but I use it cuz I don't have any another option) and someone come to the computer (for any reason that you want. I mean the computer where are yawcam and splitcam) and this close split cam (for any reason again) and yawcam is runing, the signal of yawcam will be black cuz the split cam (default camara) is closed, But, how we established before x minutes to check if our camara was changed it, yawcam will get the real camara. so .... :shock:

thinking better... maybe the next version could get something to split the webcam video by selft or let to change the device remotly (by a administrator panel) jeje... :roll:

I think yawcam have anothers option more hard to build than this options, (I think) anyways Yawcam is a lot (a looottt!!) better than splitcam

we have two options, wait for a better, safe, security (including more options like to hide, silent, etc..) of splitcam, or wait for something new in yawcam like this advice jejeje...

what are in our hands? :roll:

I know you can set up a password on windows, and do many things but, some times you couln't stop many task or some times many people have to use the same computer...

well buddie, thanks again, see ya! :D
Flopper

Post by Flopper »

Would it not be FAR easier to just attach another cheap webcam for 4-5 $?