Radeon All-in-Wonder 7500 "Cannot connect to webcam&

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
VonnerNIX

Radeon All-in-Wonder 7500 "Cannot connect to webcam&

Post by VonnerNIX »

Okay, I have Yawcam running on another computer just fine. I love the program.

However I was hoping to transition everything over to a different computer. I have installed the drivers and everything just fine, however it keeps giving me an error each time I launch it and I cannot figure out what is wrong.

It keeps saying
Yawcam could not connect to the webcam.
Please check that no other application is using it, or choose a different one.
If the camera list is empty, click "Cancel" and then "Detect webcam..." in the "Settings" menu.
I cannot figure out what is wrong. I know for a fact that nothing else is using the input on the card (at least not to my knowledge)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: It detects the ATI Rage Theater Video Capture device, even if I choose Detect Webcam... But it then tells me it cannot connect to the device.
ted_deits

Post by ted_deits »

I have seen that type of error before. It seems that if you launch an application other than the Yawcam, the driver (video) acts as if it is still connected, resulting in the error.

You have to shut down the computer....not restart, but shut it down. It you have a USB connection for your video, move to another port BEFORE re-starting the computer.

I know the fix it totally Mickey Mouse, but it just might work.
VonnerNIX

Post by VonnerNIX »

The only device I have connected is a USB keyboard. I have uninstalled all the ATI software hoping that it would release the driver for Yawcam. However it did not.

I have shut down, restarted, cursed, and thrown things many times, but nothing changes.

I am at my wit's end.

Thanks for the response.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

You say, you have everything installed on a new computer,
Does this includes the video card ?
If so, can you check if the drivers are correctly installed.
(If you don't know how ? see this Windows - Check driver installation)

I searched the internet for a little more documentation about the Radeon All-in-Wonder 7500 you use, but found very little.
Have you ever succeed to use a webcam / digital camera connected to that card ?

What camera do you use in combination with the card ?
mpking

Me Too Sorta

Post by mpking »

Just to throw a me too out there.

I have the same problem with a Radeon All-in-wonder 8500.

I have the drivers installed correctly.

Just some background info. The Radeon AIW is a TV tuner card, which also has Composite video inputs. I've hooked a baby monitor up to my Composite input, and can see the picture via ATI's software.

I can also see the picture fine via VLC. (It's getting the picture from Direct Show)