Monitor the print through net

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Wought

Monitor the print through net

Post by Wought »

OK I didn't want to go the Octopussy route ;-)

So I set up an old spare laptop with webcam and free Yawcam software. I've placed the laptop and angled it so the camera gets a good view of the printbed. I then select Stream and make a note of the IP address.

I can now sit elsewhere from the printer but monitor it on either my phone or the main laptop via the web browser.

Ok so I can't control it but I can see if there is any problems and no noise to contend with. A bonus with Yawcam is that it will also timelapse.

Maybe useful for someone.
Brian Goldner

Re: Monitor the print through net

Post by Brian Goldner »

The ability to monitor the print bed and check for problems is definitely a valuable feature. It allows you to catch any issues, such as filament jams or failed prints, early on and take necessary actions to prevent further complications. Plus, the absence of noise is an added bonus, as you can enjoy a quieter workspace while still keeping a close watch on your printer.
Brian Goldner

Post by Brian Goldner »

Additionally, the timelapse feature of Yawcam is an excellent addition. It enables you to capture a series of images and compile them into a video, showcasing the entire print from start to finish in an accelerated format. This can be a valuable tool for documenting the printing process, tunnel rushsharing progress updates, or simply creating captivating visual content.
Wought

Post by Wought »

Thanks for the answer fnaf plus