Frustrated, cannot stream to outside.

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
schrabob

Frustrated, cannot stream to outside.

Post by schrabob »

Cannot seem to access my webcam from the internet (only locally).
get message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

"Am I Online" check - Everything is fine (green OK)
UPNP checked in settings and appears to be working (see below).
No Ports blocked by my router (Netgear WGR614v6).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[13:32] Yawcam started
[13:32] Settings loaded
[13:32] Language: English
[13:32] Http-output started
[13:32] Stream-output started
[13:32] UPNP: Found device NETGEAR, Inc. Residential Gateway Residential Gateway
[13:32] UPNP: Found device NETGEAR, Inc. Residential Gateway Residential Gateway
[13:32] UPNP: Port 8081/TCP mapped to 192.168.1.7
[13:32] UPNP: Port 8888/TCP mapped to 192.168.1.7
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

See the thread : Interesting streaming problem on this forum.
malun wrote:You will probably not be able to see your webcam on the public address when you are behind/inside your own router. But if the "Am I online?"-function reports that everything is okey, it should be possible for other people to see your webcam on the public address.
I think your problem is related to this.
Try to access your webcam on the given URL on a different computer.
schrabob

Post by schrabob »

I have tried to access my webcam (HTTP & Stream) via another computer (at work), and I still get the "Cannot Find Server" message.

I have no problem access it on the locally.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
schrabob

working now

Post by schrabob »

Actually it was working all along. I was testing it from work and they must be blocking my address. Is there a typical port which would work in these instances? I would really like to check my webcam from work.

Thanks!
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

You have to ask this to the IT responsibles at work.
Ask them wich port they are not blocking.
Or ask them if there is a possibility to make an exception for port [Yawcam_configured_port].
Flopper

Re: working now

Post by Flopper »

schrabob wrote:Actually it was working all along. I was testing it from work and they must be blocking my address. Is there a typical port which would work in these instances? I would really like to check my webcam from work.

Thanks!
The question here is: are they blocking your IP address, or just the ports?
If it is your IP, then it does not matter what port you use, it will never get through!
If it is the port, ask the IT guys NICELY as there are only the ports 80 and other 'standard' port which will be open.
If they don't want to add exceptions, your only option is the broadcast on port 80.
wwazman

Post by wwazman »

FYI, I had a similar problem but reversed, setting mine up... it could not be seen from outside our facility.. it turned out our ISP had to put our modem on a DMZ so that the information could get through properly. Once he did that, I simply needed to make sure the ports were forwarded properly on the router, and everything has been good since.. I can even VNC into my computer! YAY! :D