default folder

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...

default folder

Post by guest »

I have downloaded Yawcam and am trying to use it with a microscope to capture JPG images to a folder on a server. I cannot set the default folder to the address on my server. It keeps defaulting to my documents folder on my C drive. I can always navigate to the server folder but it always resets. I have tried to set the default via the settings controls for capture with no luck...what am I doing wrong?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Are you using the Capture window when you are capturing your images?
If so, I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all. The save dialog from the capture window will always start browsing the "my documents" folder.

I've never thought of it before, but this can really annoying when saving several images in a row.

I'll see if I can fix this into the next release.

/malun
ryant324

Re: default folder

Post by ryant324 »

I am looking to set a default directory for my files besides it going straight to "My Document's" when I am in Capture mode.

Has this functionality been added since this old post?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Yes, many functionalities were added. Download the latest version and have a look.
ryant324

Post by ryant324 »

I have version 0.4.1. Is this the latest version?

If so, I have looked around and can not figure out how to change the default folder for images captured using "capture". Maybe you can tell me how to do it?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

You may be right, the capture functionality hasn't changed. I thought you were referring to the "file" option.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

It actually has changed :-)
When you save an image, Yawcam will remember the path for the next time you save another image.

/malun