Problem changing resolution

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
athomson

Post by athomson »

I have a Logitech Orbit AF webcam which is set at 320x240. It will go higher than this but when I try to set it to 640x480 the picture produced is devided in quarters and each section is in the wrong place. This seems to be a problem with Yawcam as the Logitech software works fine at the higher resolution. Is this easy to fix? Is there a new version of Yawcam? Is it that Yawcam does not like logitech webcams?

Andy :)
athomson

Post by athomson »

I think I have it sorted now. As said else where I needed to create an empty text file called `forcevideoformat` and the option Force Video Format shows up under Settings -> Device and then you can set the resolution as you want.

Andy :D
weatherman22

Post by weatherman22 »

Hmm when I tried this the desired resolutions, which were available under the Webcam settings, did not show up in the Force Video Format options.
athomson

Post by athomson »

You need to create the blank text file first, for good measure I did it while YawCam was not running then started when I had done and there was the extra option under settings.

weatherman22

Post by weatherman22 »

No, I did create the text file and the extra menu option was there, but the list of possible resolutions was less than in the normal menus.
athomson

Post by athomson »

I am sorry I am no expert I just created the text file then started YawCam and the option was there under settings. Are you sure the file was called exactly `forcevideoformat` thats all I can think of. Oh and the file can be empty, its only the fact that it exists in the YawCam directory that is checked.

weatherman22

Post by weatherman22 »

The new "Force video format" option is definitely there it is just that the only options are variations of 320x240. However in the standard "Format Control" menu the list of outputs includes PAL resolutions of 720x576.
athomson

Post by athomson »

Sorry I cant help any further, is there a more Knowledgeable user out there?

Tell them what sort of webcam you have, mine is a Logitech Sphere and its fine.

Andy :?
weatherman22

Post by weatherman22 »

Thanks for trying! It is an analogue camcorder attached to a TV capture card so there may not be any driver ini files that Yawcam can see to know what to put in those menu resolution options.
athomson

Post by athomson »

Good luck finding an answer.