Network Connection Drop

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
erb5

Network Connection Drop

Post by erb5 »

I recently tried to set up a web cam using Yawcam (FTPing still images at intervals to my server) and am having an issue with the connection dropping on the machine it's running on. The connection appears okay in "Network Connections," but I can't access the internet, ping anything, etc. I have to restart the machine to get it back up and running. At first I thought it was a network issue, but I've tried it on three different machines and lost connection on all three (all running Windows XP). It usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours.

I was just going to try another solution, however, downloading a few trial software options made me realize why I picked Yawcam in the first place: it is clear, easy to use, and (when it was working for me) worked perfectly. Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I am not even sure what information to provide that might be helpful because I can't figure out where to look. Let me know and I'll be glad to provide it.

Thanks!