Yawcam and latest java

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
Meteosat

Yawcam and latest java

Post by Meteosat »

Hi,
Found that the latest java produces only a screen with moving bars instead of a picture for Yawcam. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers
GueneS

Post by GueneS »

Hi Meteosat.

Found similar problems with Java newer than "jre-6u07-windows-i586" (JRE 1.6.0_07). Flickering, cluttering picture in Preview Window and in Online-Stream. :(
Tested today with JRE 1.6.0.16 --> same problem :cry:
YAWCAM Version 0.3.0>1.
Any suggestions?
Has someone a solution ???

Greetz

GueneS
GueneS

Post by GueneS »

Hi again, Meteosat.

In the "Bugs" forum i fond this thread:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=929
The DSJ-Fix/-Update, posted by "kc8ycz", worked for me too. Now YAWCAM v0.3.0>1 works fine together with the current JRE 1.6.0_16 :D

Good luck

GueneS 8)
Meteosat

Post by Meteosat »

GueneS wrote:Hi again, Meteosat.

In the "Bugs" forum i fond this thread:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=929
The DSJ-Fix/-Update, posted by "kc8ycz", worked for me too. Now YAWCAM v0.3.0>1 works fine together with the current JRE 1.6.0_16 :D

Good luck

GueneS 8)
I can confirm that it works here as well - even using the force video format setting - though the zip file at first confused me as it installed it's own sub-directory when I extracted the two files - ho hum, all well now - thanks to all.
Butter

Force video format setting doesn't work after DSJ fix

Post by Butter »

I downloaded the DSJ fix, but now the force video setting dialog does not work. When I click on the link, it gives me the "this will take a while" message but the dialog never opens. Also, it disconnects the camera. I went back to an old Java version and restored the old dsj files to keep things operational, but I'd prefer to run current Java. Any solutions? I'm using a Logitech Orbit Quickcam. Thanks
athomson

Post by athomson »

The same happened to me as with butter I am using the same camera so I went back to an old copy of Java and the beta archive. I would like to get yawcam working with the new version of java, I use force video to set a res. of 640x480 instead of 320x240.

Andy
Meteosat

Post by Meteosat »

I hadn't tried altering the force video setting before, but can confirm what the above two posters have indicated - having done the suggested mods and using a Logitech Pro9000 camera
athomson

Post by athomson »

Please, there must be someone out there with the know how to get yawcam and the latest java to play nice... Help us poor users out as apart from this yawcam is a great free program and does all I want.

Andy