FLICKERING IMAGE

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
clown

FLICKERING IMAGE

Post by clown »

image flickering approx every half second :(
Help please
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

PLease use the search function with the word flickering causes and possible solutions will be found.
clown

flickering

Post by clown »

flickering
wizdumb

Post by wizdumb »

Originally Posted By Spe
Hi. I think there is one solution for this.
After an investigation I realised that the problem is in a DSJ library (DirectShow java wrapper) used by YawCam.

Try to download the latest DSJ package ( http://www.humatic.de/webapps/php/downl ... hp?app=dsj ),
replace dsj.dll in the YawCam folder and dsj.jar in the YawCam\lib
It works for me.
Give that a try...That stopped my flickering
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

wizdumb wrote:Originally Posted By Spe
Hi. I think there is one solution for this.
After an investigation I realised that the problem is in a DSJ library (DirectShow java wrapper) used by YawCam.

Try to download the latest DSJ package ( http://www.humatic.de/webapps/php/downl ... hp?app=dsj ),
replace dsj.dll in the YawCam folder and dsj.jar in the YawCam\lib
It works for me.
Give that a try...That stopped my flickering
Thanks...worked for me too... :D
krokr

Post by krokr »

I've just experienced the flickering problem when I moved Yawcam to a different Pc(running Vista64). I spent hours installing various device drivers to no avail, Yawcam always flickered, but the manufacturer software didn't...aargh. The I saw the posts about the latest DSJ package, so installed them and presto my flickering stopped! HOWEVER, now I can't change the webcam settings or format, and as the camera comes up in a default 320x240 mode and I want the 800x600 mode this is a show stopper.

Unfortunately the device settings don't appear to be held in the Yawcam config files, and this also represents an issue in using the latest beta version when running as a service, as again the webcam runs in default low res mode.

If anyone can solve the flickering problem without disabling the Settings-Device-Device Settings/Format Control menus I'd be very grateful.