applet name

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
loz

applet name

Post by loz »

first, thanks for making such a great software so freely available! I really like it.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the issue I'm facing: the applet name - YawApplet.class (and also the jar file name, of course) - is too long to put in the text field to trigger the port on my router. very odd that the text field is limited in character length!

anyway, I am behind a Linksys router, using win98se, and I'm trying to stream via a page on my website. the html code on my page is for the signed applet, using the forced public ip. I can see my cam on the 'signed_example.html' Yawcam page (with the internal IP), but not on the page I've got on my website. I've enabled everything I can in the router setup, but it's just that trigger port that I can't do anything with that seems to be absolutely needed.

I've streamed my cam with the Hcam software on the same webpage before, by the way, and it worked... but then the applet name 'Hcam.class' easily fit into the trigger port text field!

very strange problem. any suggestions for me??
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I'm not sure Yawcam will work with port triggering... (At least I haven't tested it. ;-) ) Maybe you will have to do a regular port forwarding.

But I'll fix an applet with a shorter name so you can test. I'll post here again with a link to the applet when it's ready.

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Ok, here it is: http://www.yawcam.com/YApp.class
Remember that you will have to change the HTML code so it works with YApp.class

Let us know how it goes!

/malun
smarechal

your routeur

Post by smarechal »

Ok i'll try to speak english well :)

You're computer where the cam is in streaming need to be configured in DMZ (Demilitarised) in your routeur (put you're IP 192.168.0.x in the DMZ of the routeur).
Be careful, put a soft firewall.
And you can't see you're webcam on your site (at home), because lots of routeurs doesn't have loopback.

I wish you'll understand my english

:oops:

If you want more informations, mail me ...
loz

Post by loz »

hi again, sorry for the delayed response!

I downloaded the shorter-named .class file, but it didn't help.

using just the applet code (and the new file name YApp.class in the page code) on my webpage, in the status bar I see this message: 'load: class YApp not found'

using the signed applet code on my webpage, in the status bar I see this message: 'exception: java lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.security.AccessControlException'

both before & after using this new YApp.class applet file, I've used forwarding, triggered the port, and have done that both with & without my computer enabled as the DMZ host.

so alas, the YApp.class file didn't make any difference, but I thank you very much for going to the trouble of getting that together for me, malun!

@smarechal: thank you for your advice - as I said, it didn't work for some reason (though I've used the DMZ successfully before), but it was good advice & I did understand your English quite easily :). oh, and just to say, my router allows the loopback so I have been able to see my own cam on the webpage before, when I used a different program. I wonder if the other program worked primarily because it was first enabled to work on the software maker's own server (on which I had a user page), whether I used the applet on my own webpage or not??

anyway, thank you both very much for your help!

interestingly enough, I did a search on this forum & found advice about putting the applet code with forced IP & port number into an iframe on the webpage, so anyone viewing it will actually be directly connected to my computer, and the picture shows in the iframe within my cam page (when the program is running, of course... otherwise it just shows a 404 page, though I guess I could do the javascript thing to display something else in the iframe when Yawcam's not running).

anyway, if there's ever a way to work this out I'll be happy to hear it, but for now I'm okay with using the method above - at least Yawcam is performing the function I want it for, even if it's not via the applet directly on the webpage!

thanks again for the software :).

(and sorry for such a long message ;).)
smarechal

webcam

Post by smarechal »

Hi Loz,

Such a great router you have!

I give you the URL of my webcam, i put it in iframe with on/off button.

http://www.webnature.net/index.php?page=webcam

:wink:
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

using just the applet code (and the new file name YApp.class in the page code) on my webpage, in the status bar I see this message: 'load: class YApp not found'

using the signed applet code on my webpage, in the status bar I see this message: 'exception: java lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.security.AccessControlException'
This sounds strange... Are you sure you uploaded the applet class file to your webpage area?

Anyway, if you'll manage with just using an iframe and are happy with that, I don't think I'm going to dig deeper in to this.
Look at smarechal's webpage! He has a very neat solution with a java script and an iframe.

...and if you find another solution, Let us know! ;-)

/malun
loz

Post by loz »

hi smarechal, just wanted to let you know (finally) that I had a look at your webcam solution & it looks cool (no time to post more about this).

malun, I'm still fiddling with all this, because I really should be able to use it via forwarding on my router, but having no further luck. I'll post again in regards to all this when I have more time.

later, though, gotta fix a hard drive now.