image old, but time and date are up to date

Report and discuss bugs here!
Christoph2

image old, but time and date are up to date

Post by Christoph2 »

Hi!

Yawcam is a great software, exactly what I need.

But i have a problem:

I have a Logitech C500 Webcam, which has a native resolution of 1280x1024. I installed the newest Logitech drivers (no vid or the other shit, only the drivers). My OS is Windows Server 2003.

I configured yawcam to take a picture every 10 minutes and save it locally.
The time and date should be printed to the picture.

I put the resolution to 1280x1024 (Device->Format control), and the frame rate to 15.
When I reopen the Device->Format control window, the resolution is still at 1280x1024. But when i quit yawcam and restart it, the resolution is 640x480 again.

This problem is not new, I found a trick in this forum to fix this: Put a file called forcevideoformat.txt to the program directory and a new menu button will appear where you can force a resolution.

I did this, and set the resolution to 1280x1024. But then there is another problem:

The first Picture is perfect. The time which is printed to the picture is exacly the time the photo was taken (I put a watch in front of the webcam to test this). And the resolution is 1280x1024!
But the second picture is exactly the same picture as the first one, but the time which is printed to the picture is the real time.

so the time gets updated, but the picture is still the old one.

Then I found a logitech software to force a resolution (It manipulates the webcam driver a bit). With this tool i set the resolution to 1280x1024, but it didn´t change anything.

Now I have no ideas left. I realy need a high resolution, that´s why i have spent more money on this webcam.

please help me

Christoph

PS: Sorry for my bad english, my native language is german ;-)
Christoph2

Post by Christoph2 »

I have noticed another thing:

Now I have reinstalled the software and cleared the program directory, so there is no forcevideoformat.txt any more.

Then I configured again to take a picture every 10 minutes and print the time and date to the right bottom of the picture.

Now for example:

The picture is taken at 10:00, but the time printed to the bottom is 10:10.
The next picture is taken at 10:10, the time at the bottom is 10:20
and so on...

strange thing...