Hi Res modes fail in 0.3.2

Report and discuss bugs here!
iancgbell

Hi Res modes fail in 0.3.2

Post by iancgbell »

I was successfully using Yawcam 0.3.2 (with the dsj.dll and dsj.jar file switch flicker fix) to run a Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000 at its highest reolution (1600x1200) on a 64bit XP Pro PC .

I installed 0.3.2 and now I can't go above 640x480 (which works fine). Format Control gives me the options but preview window gives a black display , or very occassionally, some bitmap garbage.

I tried going back to 0.3.0 but this time the flicker fix greyed out Device Setttings|Format Control. I could try this again, but I'd like to stay with 0.3.2 if possible.

I've tried uninstalling ffdshow and installing the very latest Sun Java (32 and 64 bit) , and have verified the camera still supports the higher modes by running it under Yawcam 0.3.0 on a different PC.

Anybody got any ideas? Is anybody succesfully driving hi res file captures with 0.3.2 ?

Thanks.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I'm aware of the problem. I just haven't figured out how to solve it in a good way yet...

In the mean time there is a workaround that you can try. In Yawcam's program directory, typically C:\Program Files\Yawcam, edit the file launcher.cfg.

The last line ends with:

Code: Select all

yawcam.Main
now add the word service at the end so it looks like this:

Code: Select all

yawcam.Main service
You probably need administrator privileges to edit the file in Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Changing this file like this, will force Yawcam to use another rendering mode. This could work for you....

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes...

/malun
iancgbell

Post by iancgbell »

Yup, that workaround worked a treat.

Hi Res functionality is restored, and I think it may be faster too.

Thanks for such a quick and perfect responce.

ian b
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

The problem should be fixed in this new beta version:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1312

Please give it a try and tell me how it's working...

/malun
iancgbell

Post by iancgbell »

Sorry about delay, been offline. Yes, that 0.3.2_Beta works, unmodified, in hires modes on my XP64. Thanks.

ian b
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Nice to hear. Thanks for reporting back.

/malun
tijeff

Black screen of death

Post by tijeff »

Passing more than 640x480 whit an Hauppauge WinTV 885, I intermittently got black screen. Also , I can’t just run the resolution to less, yamcam is always “booting” at 720*480, it doesn’t’ save the settings if I set it to 640x480. : (

I’ve read many post depicting the same problems, all of those seemed to be resolved whit the latest version. The “forcevideoformat.txt” doesn’t seem to be useful anymore

Sorry to bring this back from the "dead"!

I'm runnning Version 0.3.4 built: 2011-01-01

Thank's for all your great work !!!!