Motion detector not saving images to file

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
gumper11

Motion detector not saving images to file

Post by gumper11 »

I set the file path in the "Save file" Settings under the Actions tab of the motion detector and it will create a folder but as it takes pictures, nothing is actually saved in the folder. I can hear the image being taken as the sound is enabled and I can see images in the Motion Events box as they're created. I have tried both checking and unchecking Image Array.
What am I doing wrong?
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

What operating system do you have installed on your computer ?
What is the location where you want to save the files in ?
gumper11

Post by gumper11 »

Opps, forgot to add that.
Windows 7 home premium.
Yawcam vs. 0.3.2
I am just wanting to add it to a documents folder on my 2nd partition. (D:)yawcam_files
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

The reason i asked was to see if you didn't chose C:\program files\...
In Windwos Vista and Windows 7 yoiu have to be logged on with the administrator account to have write permissions.
I will do some tests on my computer (Windows Vista) and see what happens.
gumper11

Post by gumper11 »

Ok. I am the only user on the computer so I assume I am logged in as admin, or do you mean open Yawcam as admin.

Thanks for you help.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Please look at this thread:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1335

and this post in particular:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4310#4310

It could be that you haven't added the .jpg in the file path. Yawcam doesn't handle this very well...

/malun
gumper11

Post by gumper11 »

Thanks for that Malun. That did it. BTW those two links go to the same page, don't know if that's what you intended or not.

For anyone as Noobish as I am, here’s what I have after some messing around with the save file settings.

I created a folder in my D drive called SecurityCam. Next I created a folder called MotionCam for the raw still photos to be recorded into. Next to that, I made another folder to place the Movie files that I will create later.
Next, I had better luck just typing the address directly into the “Save file” bar rather than use the browse button.
D:\SecurityCam\MotionCam\myphoto_{date}_{stamp}.jpg
Now the images are placed in the MotionCam folder and have the name myphoto with the date: 2010-02-08 (year/month/day) and the time: 13.11.41 for example.
To change the Date layout to (day/month/year) I had to type in the specific code for each separately: _{dateD}_{dateM}_{dateY} in place of {date}.

Question: Is there a way to save the file name with a Sequence number instead of a time stamp? Didn't see that in the info box.