BUG: Image not updating in a motion detection sequence

Report and discuss bugs here!
epivnik

BUG: Image not updating in a motion detection sequence

Post by epivnik »

version 0.3.2>3 2010.2.13

I have the motion detection set to email me a set of 10 images at an interval of 3 seconds apart (30 second span). However, all ten of the images are identical, even though the file name corresponds with the timestamp overlay which is incrementing.

I verified that it was sending the same image over and over by focusing the webcam on a digital clock.

The same type error is happening for file saving, emailing, or both.

After flow control time limit is up, the next motion capture will get a NEW image, but then that image will be repeatedly saved/emailed.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I also have a similar problem, I managed to figure out that if yawcam can't connect to the internet, it will have this problem otherwise it's fine, whenever the internet is not connected when yawcam starts, all I get is the same picture from the file output over and over, although the timestamp changes, only a restart of yawcam fixes it. I found that after the 60 minutes timer for the detect ip has expired, the picture is updated but then stays like that for another 60 minutes. I have no Idea how it's related, but it is a bug for sure.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I can't see how this could be related to if the computer has Internet access or not. I have also not been able to reproduce the problem.
Anyone else with the same problem?

/malun
mernst

Post by mernst »

This just happened to me today in the File output, not motion detection. I have it set for File output every hour (3600 second interval). It has worked fine (I think) for several days. This morning, the first image AFTER I arrived at my office was of an empty room that was clearly taken BEFORE I arrived (although the time stamp was correct). I don't know if I did something to cause this or not. I did update the camera driver this morning, but I'm unsure if I did that at just the wrong time or not. I will watch to see if this happens again.

This seems related to this entry:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1244