Yawcam BETA 2010-02-13

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

celley wrote:
Laura Boivin wrote:
celley wrote:Wha? Do people post them on here somewhere?
Mine is in my signature...
How did you type it into your signature? I added mine to my profile, but youd have to click on my profile to get there, I like your way better!
No I don't have to look at your profile to see it. Look at your message...it now shows www which is clickable

To put it in your signature, click on your profile & then you'll see signature to add in.

I'm curious about your site...do you not have the Stream on?
celley

Post by celley »

Laura Boivin wrote:
celley wrote:
Laura Boivin wrote: Mine is in my signature...
How did you type it into your signature? I added mine to my profile, but youd have to click on my profile to get there, I like your way better!
No I don't have to look at your profile to see it. Look at your message...it now shows www which is clickable

To put it in your signature, click on your profile & then you'll see signature to add in.

I'm curious about your site...do you not have the Stream on?
Oh, I have mine set up to take a picture every 5 minutes...It's a very basic site...I recently moved away for the first time and my family really likes being able to see the view out my window.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

celley wrote:
Oh, I have mine set up to take a picture every 5 minutes...It's a very basic site...I recently moved away for the first time and my family really likes being able to see the view out my window.
Is that because you have it set as a motion detector?
celley

Post by celley »

Laura Boivin wrote:
celley wrote:
Is that because you have it set as a motion detector?
Nope, I just have it set on a schedule. With the view you can see there isn't a whole lot that changes. It would be kind of a waste to have it streaming when it almost always looks the same.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

celley wrote:
Nope, I just have it set on a schedule. With the view you can see there isn't a whole lot that changes. It would be kind of a waste to have it streaming when it almost always looks the same.
It's a lovely view...but I sure would like to see the grass moving; but then I'm just a fanatic about live videos...makes the world a smaller place. :lol:

Would you have to pay for extra bandwidth if it were streaming?

I hope you don't mind my questions. Not trying to change your mind here, but just trying to understand the reasons.
I am still very new at streaming.
bben95

Post by bben95 »

hey malun, have you had a chance to look at the ftp problems with certain network cards yet? :) I can't wait to start using yawcam again. I used to use yawcam but since I switched to wired (for reliability) I can't. :(