since update, unable to change from 320 x 240 input size!

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
wid

since update, unable to change from 320 x 240 input size!

Post by wid »

Hi, Considering setting up a web cam and remembered that I had played with YAWCAM some time ago. so re-installed YAWCAM from my backup drive and it worked a treat. Then I updated to the latest version. And all good. Some nice improvements. However now I am unable to change the format control output from, 320 x 240 . I can apply different resolutions, but nothing actually changes. monitor, capture and motion all record at 320 x240. I have tried the beta test version (and mod) as suggested with another post about Hi-res, but no change. The native format for the capturecard with attached camera is 640 x 480. With the old version I needed to change this each time I started YAWCAM, but it worked.
Any ideas?
nikkikrish

Re: since update, unable to change from 320 x 240 input size

Post by nikkikrish »

wid wrote: I am unable to change the format control output from, 320 x 240
I have the same problem when using another freeware programme, fwink, after having installed yawcam and then uninstalled because I had some problems with it. However, if I disconnect the webcam and then reconnect it, all is fine again.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Have you tried the newest beta, it features a new menu called "Change to Device" this new menu handles the change resolution differently and saves properly.

The new beta is available here : http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1352
wid

tried beta vsn but no joy.

Post by wid »

Thanks for advice but no joy. The device menu has only options for 320 x 240 of various bits etc.
I have now re-installed version 3.0.0 as it works fine apart from lossy settings. I still have to set the format to 640 by 480 manualy but it captures with significantly better quality.
Open to more ideas...