Camera Loss After Screen Saver

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
pagekeeper

Camera Loss After Screen Saver

Post by pagekeeper »

Bug? Settings?
Hardware O/S: notebook XP

After upgrades I seem to loose the camera USB input each time the screen saver is used.
Restart program and its okay till next screen saver. Both, the beta version and the current version 0.3.2 do this.
The stream, http ect. is still running but without a camera feed. Preview window is white (blank).
Screen saver and cams worked together on version 0.3.0 since April of 09'.

Other changes:
The HARDWARE USB root hub's power management has been changed to NOT allow device to save power.

Is there a setting that changed during the upgrade I need to check?
Other than that the BETA works great Local and Web.
No clues in log files.

Thanks in advance.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce this behavior on my test machines.

Could you also try to disable the power saving on your "Generic USB Hub" devices in the device manager?

In my device manager I have both "Generic USB Hub" and "USB Root Hub" options. Both kinds have settings for power savings.

/malun
pagekeeper

Post by pagekeeper »

malun

My device manager does not have the "Generic USB Hub" configured.

View My Notebook Hardware Manager Here

BTW, Setting the Screen Saver to 'None' fixes the blank Preview window problem I had and it works great using 2 cheap wireless cams online 24/7.

Thanks For The Great Program!
tijeff

USB power in screen-caver

Post by tijeff »

You may want to have a look at this

I've heard simillar problems in others situations around usb ports in when in screensaver mode . You may whant to disable the "Alow computer to turn off this device to save power to save power" in the device manager

See the screen-shot here :
http://payeur.mine.nu/public/yawcam/usbpower.jpg

You may want to have a look to similar proprieties for you web cam / usbport/usbhub / ext.

Also , make sure you computer is only going in screen saver mode , and not sleeping or hibernating.

Last: Chose the sheme "alway-on" in
Display Properties --> Screensaver -->Power --> PowerShemes --> Pwer Sheme

Those a just clues that may help you , have fun !
syed20

Re: Camera Loss After Screen Saver

Post by syed20 »

I've heard simillar problems in others situations around usb ports in when in screensaver mode . You may whant to disable the "Alow computer to turn off this device to save power to save power" in the device manager
anwaypasible

Re: Camera Loss After Screen Saver

Post by anwaypasible »

i think this just happened to me & with the drivers of windows 10 not working with the webcam software that comes with the webcam, it seems odd & tenacious.
one might think the software uses a different codec than the software that comes with the logitech webcam, as open broadcaster studio works continually too despite logitech's own software being patched out (though the camera works when tested during install, go figure).

yeah, i was sitting here at 720p (cuts the top & bottom off avoiding the table the keyboard is on) & i got up, came back & moved the mouse to remove the screensaver (goes off ever minute to keep me up to track) & the window said no device was selected.
had to restart the software, even though the webcam was listed as available to choose - not the sort of isolation people want with their hardware, regardless of how software implemented it is,.
otherwise we are getting laminated color charts to put in front of the camera to use with software to adjust the colors that become dialed in accurate from calibration.
because going through a software frame overlayed between the sensor & the data that is received as output, to get to the additional dots per inch or frames per second is something i think about often on a moment's whim.