How to save the "motion" image ?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Szeto

How to save the "motion" image ?

Post by Szeto »

Hello,

It is possible to save the pictures on the left, where for example the motion is painted blue, (when you're in the Motion Detection window) instead of the pictures the camera takes ?

Sorry if my english isn't that good i'm from Germany ;-)
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Here is the correction of your english, or at least what I understood from it.

You want to save the picture showing the movement as seen through the motion detection window instead of saving the actual picture.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible, at least not that I can see in version 0.3.3 of Yawcam.

I could see it having a certain use to determine whether a motion is a false positive or not, but I don't think it would be a feature used by many.

If this were to get implemented, I would use it a few times to determine what causes my false positives although I am pretty sure it comes from the sunlight. (The camera is pointed slightly away from the window, but the change in lighting that it causes false positives.

I would still want to be able to see the actual picture as well so there would have to be 2 pictures saved at the same time.

Al things considered, I'll add it to the suggestion list and leave it up to Malun to decide.
Szeto

Post by Szeto »

Exactly.

Thanks.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Maybe in the future but I'm going to reject your request for now. Sorry.

/malun
mdbee5

Motion Event Art

Post by mdbee5 »

Hey I know this is a old forum but I am an artist and I wanted to use the motion event picture for my motion drawing. It provides good form. How hard is it to make something to record the motion event?
I can do the work if someone instructs?
Mikey
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

You can, technically, through a fairly long process, use yawcam to show the motion window, then use manycam to view your desktop and select the portion of the screen that has the motion event, then use Windows movie maker to record the manycam feed.

or you can also buy Camtasia which comes with a screen recorder, which would mean you still need to keep yawcam up all the time and be able to see the motion event to be able to record it.