HELP QUICKLY!

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
austinlcurr

HELP QUICKLY!

Post by austinlcurr »

I am running yawcam motion detection at home while gone, and now have over 50 false alarms from varying sunlight over 1 day and need to turn yawcam off or disable it. The quickly is because I have to download each email message before I can delete it.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Remote into the PC and change the settings :)
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I'd go with what whitey said.

If you can't, go home and read your e-mails.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Yup not much we can really do if you don't have access to the settings or the PC running it.
austinlcurr

Post by austinlcurr »

z3r0c00l12 wrote:I'd go with what whitey said.

If you can't, go home and read your e-mails.
read better. the emails are with me, not at home, the pc running yawcam or access to it even remotely is not.
I understand there's nothing , but wouldn't a remote console (only needs an extra port/server) with even just a readme to explain the settings file and the file.... i may rig one up on my own when i get back.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

You can install yourself a remote console if you wish, from which you could remotely perform the commands:

"net stop yawcam" to simply stop yawcam
"net start yawcam" to start it if you need to

you could also modify the yawcam_settings.xml while yawcam is stopped and then start yawcam with the new settings.

But this would only be possible if you had the remote console.

As for your comment, I did read thoroughly, what I meant is, in the mean time, the only thing you can do, is read your e-mails or go home. I understand it was confusing.
austinlcurr

Post by austinlcurr »

z3r0c00l12 wrote: As for your comment, I did read thoroughly, what I meant is, in the mean time, the only thing you can do, is read your e-mails or go home. I understand it was confusing.
Ok... Sorry for any misunderstanding or trouble.
cwhoward1

Remote Control of YAWCAM

Post by cwhoward1 »

There are two programs we use to access machines remotely.
One is TightVNC and the other is logmein.
TightVNC comes in many forms. By allowing the home machine to be the server you can log into it. If however you are on a LAN with a 192.168.x.x type setup. Then logmein.com ( the free version for non commercial use) is a real winner.
Give them a try to do the remote control.
I would like to read about other good options for this problem.

Chuck
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

RDP is a good option and is integrated in windows. Safer than VNC as it uses your windows account rather than a simple password. Logmein also poses a threat where anybody can log in to your account and remote control your PC.
jxoco

Post by jxoco »

I use TeamViewer to remotely configure and switch cameras on two pc's that are at a cabin 70kms from my home.
I have used Logmein and VNC but I have decided Teamviewer works best for me.
For personal use it is free.