Why do my .mov video play super fast?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
tony2012

Why do my .mov video play super fast?

Post by tony2012 »

I used the movie feature to make a .mov movie out of the jpg files, but when I play the movie back using VLC, it's super fast.

How can I make the movie play smoothly and proper and normal speed?

And it's a shame Yawcam cannot save direct to movie file with sound. Is that in a future version?

Thank you.
tony2012

Re: Why do my .mov video play super fast?

Post by tony2012 »

tony2012 wrote:I used the movie feature to make a .mov movie out of the jpg files, but when I play the movie back using VLC, it's super fast.

How can I make the movie play smoothly and proper and normal speed?

And it's a shame Yawcam cannot save direct to movie file with sound. Is that in a future version?

Thank you.
I figured how to slow down the videos. I changed it from 1000ms to 33ms.

And now when I play back the movie, it's smooth and normal. I use mencoder to do this, works well.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Here's an example to help you understand why the videos are playing fast. Let's say for this example, you have the "file" feature set to one picture every second. You take the images to movie feature and leave the default frames/s selected, add the pictures and compile the movie. What happens is the video is using the default 25fps on images that are technically speaking, 1 frame per second. so your video is playing at 25x speed. What you can do is when using the images to movie feature, set the fps to something like 4 for this example, it's gonna play at 4x speed, which looks a little fast but considering you only have so little frames, having it set 1 fps would be long and boring to watch, at 4fps, you can fast forward, making it 8x, 16x or 64x or you can slow it down to 2x, 1x and 0,5x which allows you a good control over your video.

In the case of the motion, if you want to know what fps you have simply do 1000 / {number of ms interval} and you will get the number of fps.

If you use 100ms interval, 1000/100 = 10 fps.
tony2012

Post by tony2012 »

I am now using 100ms for Image Array.

And can you select UNLIMITED images? Atm, I have 9999.