Yawcam disables Win Aero goes to Win Basic

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Cel

Yawcam disables Win Aero goes to Win Basic

Post by Cel »

firstly, thanks for a great product!

i have been using yawcam for a few months now, and it has one bad side-effect for me: it disables my Windows 7 Aero style (transparent taskbars etc) . in other words while Yawcam is running only Windows Basic theme visible/available (non-transparent taskbars and missing other visual effects).

Strangely this does not happen necessarily on Yawcam launch, but at some point within a few hours of yawcam running in background (i have tkae pic every 6 min).

When i shut down yawcam, my aero theme always reappears: i.e. i have pinpointed the yawcam application as the cause of disabling aero.

is there anything that can be done about that?

cheers.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Are you running yawcam as a service?
Cel

Post by Cel »

nope
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

You should try that, it would get rid of the issue as the Yawcam service runs under a different user account so it wouldn't affect the display settings on your account. If it still does, then the problem is not Yawcam.
Cel

Post by Cel »

thanks!

1) installing teh service seems to have worked so far! and the aero would have been disabled by now normally, so i think this is the solution im happy with

2) i think i discovered when exactly the aero is disabled by non-service yawcam: it happens when i run any application requiring admin privileges elevation, at taht elevation prompt (if non-serveice yawcam is running in windows tray)

thanks!
hotwired34

Post by hotwired34 »

I have the same issue with this. I found that when my computer locked, aero would be disabled. I tried installing it as a service and it seems to have stopped the issue with aero getting disabled, however, I can not use Preview now. I need to be able to use Preview and while it's running as a service, when I open Yawcam, it opens another instance of it instead of connecting to the currently running service. I am then unable to open preview.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
robkemme

Windows Basic Mode

Post by robkemme »

Hi, I have the same problem, when YawCam runs and I leave the preview window open, after some time Windows switches to Basic Mode. The problem only occurs when I leave the preview window open. I have seen a message saying that Java JRE 1.6 is using too much resources, that is why Windows switches to Basic Mode. When I close Yawcam and restart Yawcam (hide on start) the problem is gone.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Thank you robkemme, knowing that java is using too much memory might help narrowing down to the source of the problem.