OK, we tried removing everything we could and had to leave the house and it bombed upon exit!
The memory usage never got above about 1.75GB (found the offending problem from previous post) and when I left, the cpu usage was in the 15% region.
So, when I got home and found that it was not working properly, I tried killing the second instance of Yawcam and it has now been running nearly 24 hours with NO problems!
I theorize the second instance was causing a trip of the motion detection and then there was a contention between the two instances that was causing a problem. In most cases, it was causing both instances to loose contact with the camera but sometimes only the primary lost contact. (If that makes sense).
Hopefully, the problem is resolved for now, but I would still like to see multiple motion detection areas as discussed in another thread.
AKA Country Bubba