streaming won't work

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
b3l

streaming won't work

Post by b3l »

I am able to view the local streaming with the computer that is broadcasting but I can't access anything with another computer connected to the same router and can't get streaming on anything. Upnp found my camera and forwarded the ports correctly in my router. I have tested them with portforward and they are open. I have disabled windows firewall. I have XP and AVG. Anyone have a clue why I can't see streaming?
b3l

Post by b3l »

I don't know what I did but according to the "Am I Online?" checker, I now have streaming but no Http. Can someone check for me to see if you can see my cam? Here is the url

Http URL: http://69.196.141.35:8888
Stream URL: http://69.196.141.35:8081
b3l

Post by b3l »

It's very strange but I had to do both UpnP and manual port forwarding before it would work. I hope it's working... can someone please check and let me know?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Confirmed, Both HTTP and Stream are working.
b3l

Post by b3l »

thank you thank you!
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

Maybe the camera is not on...I have been trying to connect to http & streaming & nothing comes up.
tandersen

Streaming does not work

Post by tandersen »

Hi, I am unable to view streaming from outside my network (works fine on the lan). I have run the "I am on line test" and it checks out fine. I have upnp on but had to manually forwarded the ports in my router as well. I tested the ports to see if they were blocked and it checked out ok. I am using a url from no-ip.org and placed it into the connection window. I optioned vista firewall to allow yawcam though. I am able to get to my cam on port 8888, but unable to see anything on 8081. I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks
b3l

Post by b3l »

You must have both windows media player and directx 9 (I think) working in order for yawcam to work correctly.
Laura Boivin

Re: Streaming does not work

Post by Laura Boivin »

tandersen wrote:Hi, I am unable to view streaming from outside my network (works fine on the lan). I have run the "I am on line test" and it checks out fine. I have upnp on but had to manually forwarded the ports in my router as well. I tested the ports to see if they were blocked and it checked out ok. I am using a url from no-ip.org and placed it into the connection window. I optioned vista firewall to allow yawcam though. I am able to get to my cam on port 8888, but unable to see anything on 8081. I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks
hi,

This may sound like a dumb question, but have you downloaded & installed the DUC application from 'no-ip' ? If so, is it on? If it's on, are you logged in?
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

b3l wrote:You must have both windows media player and directx 9 (I think) working in order for yawcam to work correctly.
Do you still have the same IP addresses that were in your previous post? I cannot access the http nor the Stream....nothing come up :?
tandersen

Re: Streaming does not work

Post by tandersen »

Laura Boivin wrote:
tandersen wrote:Hi, I am unable to view streaming from outside my network (works fine on the lan). I have run the "I am on line test" and it checks out fine. I have upnp on but had to manually forwarded the ports in my router as well. I tested the ports to see if they were blocked and it checked out ok. I am using a url from no-ip.org and placed it into the connection window. I optioned vista firewall to allow yawcam though. I am able to get to my cam on port 8888, but unable to see anything on 8081. I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks
hi,

This may sound like a dumb question, but have you downloaded & installed the DUC application from 'no-ip' ? If so, is it on? If it's on, are you logged in?
Hi Laura, Thanks for the reply. I am using the DUC. I resolved the problem changing port 8081 to 8080. For some unknown reason I was unable to forward 8081 through my router for tcp and udp. Even though the router was optioned for upnp I still had to forward the port.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

I'm glad that it's working for you tandersen.

Something really strange has happened to me. I had configured my router to open ports 81, 82, 88 & 89.

Due to a power outage, I had to reset my router, but before doing that, I removed & re-installed Yawcam & DUC & discovered that I did not have to configure my router...I don't understand this...the only thing I did was configure my Firewall to allow the applications through.

I have logged in to my router & checked & sure enough the Port Forwarding has nothing in it.

Now, I'm thinking that using the paid version of no-ip must have something to do with this.

I'm very happy with this, but sure would like to understand. :?
AgeMunot

maybe? same trouble

Post by AgeMunot »

I've been troubled with the same problem, too.
I examined it by two different PCs(different OS). There are windowsXP and Windosw7.
When I started Yawcam in windowsXP, I can view Streaming from other PCs.
However, I cannot view streaming from any other PCs when I started Yawcam in Windows7.
I feel, HTTP service does not seem to start.:roll: :roll:
Please teach a solution who it is.

tks n rgds
Last edited by AgeMunot on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tandersen

Post by tandersen »

Laura Boivin wrote:I'm glad that it's working for you tandersen.
Hi Laura, I suspect your router turns on upnp by default, and therefore when yawcam requests ports it automatically opens them.

Something really strange has happened to me. I had configured my router to open ports 81, 82, 88 & 89.

Due to a power outage, I had to reset my router, but before doing that, I removed & re-installed Yawcam & DUC & discovered that I did not have to configure my router...I don't understand this...the only thing I did was configure my Firewall to allow the applications through.

I have logged in to my router & checked & sure enough the Port Forwarding has nothing in it.

Now, I'm thinking that using the paid version of no-ip must have something to do with this.

I'm very happy with this, but sure would like to understand. :?
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

tandersen wrote: Hi Laura, I suspect your router turns on upnp by default, and therefore when yawcam requests ports it automatically opens them.

Hi ...I had put a check mark in UPNP...but, then I had before as well & still had to fill out the Port Forwarding...but this was before using no-ip.