New to me problem with Yawcam

Report and discuss bugs here!
Country_Bubba

New to me problem with Yawcam

Post by Country_Bubba »

Background:
As of yesterday evening, all was working well. We then had a power outage and of course all computing stopped (not sure this had anything to do with the problem).
Booted up my computer this morning and as usual had Yawcam on in preview mode. Then all of a sudden, I get this message:
"Filtergraph stopped!
Unregistered version!
Full functionality is only avaiable
when dsj has been licensed or registered fir non-commercial use.

ww.humatic.de/htools/ds

OK
"

I click "OK" and re-detect the camera, and it will work for about 3 minutes and then repeat the error.

System is XP SP3, Yawcam Version 0.3.7

Appreciate any help.
tautog

Re: New to me problem with Yawcam

Post by tautog »

I don't think your problem is necessarily related to the power outage, as I recently started having similar issues.

Specifically, I found that while running Yawcam as a service, that the video stream and image capture for my IP camera would stop every couple of minutes. If I restarted the Yawcam service, then the capture would restart also.

After disabling the service and running the application standalone, I got the message you quoted below. I'm not sure as to why the license starting showing as expired (maybe due to the new year??), but if you download the binary package from the original developer from here:

http://www.humatic.de/htools/dsj.htm

and then do a simple find operation for "dsj" you can find and replace all the files in the package (be sure to close the Yawcam app or stop the service). Note that you have to rename the source binary in the 64 bit directory to match the Yawcam binary (because the 32-bit and 64-bit binaries share the same name and must be in the same directory, I suspect the developers just renamed one file and then pointed their code to the new name).

I've been running the application with the new files for the past 30 minutes or so with no issues, but will post if I run into the same or similar problems.

Hope this helps!

Chris
Country_Bubba wrote:Background:
As of yesterday evening, all was working well. We then had a power outage and of course all computing stopped (not sure this had anything to do with the problem).
Booted up my computer this morning and as usual had Yawcam on in preview mode. Then all of a sudden, I get this message:
"Filtergraph stopped!
Unregistered version!

ww.humatic.de/htools/ds

OK
"

I click "OK" and re-detect the camera, and it will work for about 3 minutes and then repeat the error.

System is XP SP3, Yawcam Version 0.3.7

Appreciate any help.
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

Chris,
Thanks for the information, will give it a try in just a bit!
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

As a followup, I was able to do as stated by replacing the dsg.dll(s) in V 0.3.6, but V0.3.7 crashes if this is tried:{(

So for now, I am running 0.3.6 and it seems to be fine.
tautog

Post by tautog »

Odd - I have this running on WinXP and 0.3.7 and it seems to be working fine.

I'll have to keep an eye on mine, but I'm glad it worked for you.

Chris
Country_Bubba wrote:As a followup, I was able to do as stated by replacing the dsg.dll(s) in V 0.3.6, but V0.3.7 crashes if this is tried:{(

So for now, I am running 0.3.6 and it seems to be fine.
CarBen

The DSJ fix worked great for me

Post by CarBen »

Thanks Chris for the info. I'm running Windows 7 64bit & Yawcam 037 with the new DSJ files.
MeanMrM

Post by MeanMrM »

Had the same issue. replaced the dlls as noted here but I was another one that 0.3.7 crashed. Had to go find a copy of 0.3.6 and it worked. I hope they get this fixed.
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

In a way, glad to see I am not the only one having that problem. I was beginning to think it was me (and that would not be unusual!)
mth

Post by mth »

Hello to all,

This is my first post in the forum. I've successfully installed and got my IP Cam working perfectly with Yawcam. I too am getting the same error
"Filtergraph stopped!
Unregistered version!

ww.humatic.de/htools/ds
When this occurs, the functionality of the software stops unless the program is closed and restarted. I will attempt to replace the DSJ files as suggested by tautog.

Thanks to the creator of this free software! Its just what I needed...

Cheers!
Michael
http://www.relayweather.com
mth

Post by mth »

I've updated the appropriate files from ww.humatic.de/htools/ds and I no longer receive the error splash screen, but it seems that the image goes stale after a few minutes. (black preview screen). I'm not sure what is going on. I've adjusted the power settings on my PC to eliminate this as being the cause. Has anyone else experienced this?
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

I also had that problem and in accordance with my original thread on this problem: http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

it appears to be a memory usage problem, In other words, if you start to hit the swap file, it will go blank.
stugpanzer

I too am having the same

Post by stugpanzer »

I too am getting the Filtergraph Stopped message. I tried replacing the files as described above but I am still getting the error. Anyone have any ideas?

I am running 0.3.7 on Windows Ultimate, 64 bit.

Thanks
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

As stated earlier, some of us had to backup to V 0.3.6 in order to get it to work.
stugpanzer

Post by stugpanzer »

Country_Bubba wrote:As stated earlier, some of us had to backup to V 0.3.6 in order to get it to work.
I tried that too with no luck. Sorry...forgot to mention that!