Yawcam won't start

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Dizzee

Yawcam won't start

Post by Dizzee »

OK.. all was working fine.
but I wanted to split the webcam signal.

I installed splitcam (http://www.splitcamera.com/)
as has been recommended... I decide I don't like this software and remove it.

Now Yawcam won't start... I start normally.. and get nothing.. I start as administrator. nothing... I have device manager open..just to see if I get a flicker... but nothing...it's like I can just click cllick click like crazy on the file (directly in the programme folder) and windows doesn't register it... I might as well be clicking on a screensave (which I know non of us would ever do!).

I have restored my system to an earlier point, uninstalled and reinstalled yawcam several times, rebooting inbetween installing/uninstalling.
tried to start with debug_start... nothing and no logs (that I can find).

I am at a loss

when I install server and try to start it I get system error 1067

I have installed/uninstalled service (as well as yawcam) many times...

I have unplugged my webcam, changed port, uninstaled and reinstalled driver.

I have a i5, win7 x64 (auto update)..

this error happened as stated, within the 10 minutes of installing then uninstalling splitcam.

Any idea..

Thank you
Dizzee

Post by Dizzee »

Ok... so perseverance pays off

as I said.. all I did was install then uninstall splitcam.. and problems since then!

So afer trying everything.. I reinstall java...

and that fixed the problem

Also.. and a little fyi... I uninstalled yawcam, reinstalled yawcam, system restored computer.. uninstalled yawcam, reinstalled yacam (several times)... AND after reinstalling java... yawcam worked... with all my original modified settings AND username/passwords!

After all I did I'd have thought I would be able to remove at least my password!
ideally all changed data