webcam buffer and double images

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
echelon

webcam buffer and double images

Post by echelon »

I yawcam community I have a question regarding webcam or webcam buffer.

I use the program to capture an image every 5 seconds and just save it to the hdd. some times 2 - 5 pictures in a row are total identical. But the timestamp is different. It looks like the program just copied something from a buffer.

Is there a way to tell yawcam or my webcame to clear any memory/buffer/e.g. so I always have the correct live image?

Thank you for your help!
echelon

Post by echelon »

I forgot some info:

Webcam: Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 driver version 1.1 9/29/2009 64-bit
Yawcam: v. 0.3.7

Thx!
echelon

Post by echelon »

Well I now had the chance to test with a Logitech C270 (<<< newer hardware) and it works better. Every image is different now. Guess there is a difference in the hardware but I cannot tell which. Maybe someone has an idea what to chance to make the other webcam work too. Thx!
SpiralNero

Post by SpiralNero »

May be the problem is with the camera itsef?
j2d

Me too

Post by j2d »

I believe I'm seeing the same problem the OP describes, using yawcam 0.3.8. I have a 30 second update interval, but the image itself remains static for far far longer than 30 seconds, even though the overlay shows the correct time.

I have started yawcam, captured myself in an image, then left the house for 2 hours and when I check the yawcam image I see myself still there ... in the house, but I also see the correct time in the overlay.

I'm using 2 instances of yawcam with each one configured to use a "Microsoft Lifecam Show" camera. I know this is not a problem with the camera, because I've seen a "live" and correct preview window in yawcam, but an incorrect image with overlay applied.

My OS is windows 7 64 bit, java version 1.7.0_05 64 bit.