problem with really dark pictures please help.

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
jouellet

problem with really dark pictures please help.

Post by jouellet »

Hi i've just install yawcam and its a really great little program but I have a problem. I've notice that when I use yawcam in service mode sending pictures through ftp and when using the releasecam hack that the pictures that are capture are really dark. almost completely black and unusable. is there something I can do to solve this problem? I would really appreciate it cause I must absolutely use the releasecamera hack. when I don't use it the pictures are ok.

Thanks for any help
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Give it a try without the release camera hack, because I have a feeling the reason the shots are so dark is that the webcam is still calibrating when the shots are taken, if the shots were taken a few seconds later, they would be ok, but the webcam would have to be initialized first, so in your case, releasecamera might not work.
jouellet

Post by jouellet »

yes it worls flawlessly when i'm not using the releasecamera hack. so the're is no way It could work with the releasecamera hack?? would it work if I put more time between captures? I'm currently having the problem at 20 seconds interval. Tried it on 2 different computer with same result.

Thanks.
jouellet

Post by jouellet »

after checking the pictures taken today i'm sure your right about the initialisation of the camera problem. Is there a way it could be fixed in a future version of yawcam. something like a setting option to initialise the cam a few seconds before the capture. Don't know if its doable but that would fix the problem. That would be great ;) Thanks a lot for the help
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I added it as a suggestion for future features.
jouellet

Post by jouellet »

Thanks i'm sure that for a skilled programmer it will be easy to fix and i'm surely not the only one with the problem. I'll keep an eye on this forum for the solution ;)