Images to Movie freeze

Report and discuss bugs here!
generalsu

Images to Movie freeze

Post by generalsu »

Trying to turn over 100,000 jpegs into a movie with yawcam, but it freezes at "writing movie...". Any idea?
styoda

Post by styoda »

I'm having the same problem, but I've only got about 2600 files. I think the problem is file size of the movie generated, when it get larger than just over 2GB, the process just hangs.

I'm running Windows 7 64Bit so I wouldn't have thought the file size should make any difference, unless the program itself has a 2GB limit.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Cheers
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Well, a 2GB limit would be logical for a 32 bit application. Yawcam being both 64 and 32 bit, shouldn't have that problem, at least not on 64 bit operating systems.
AlanLue

Post by AlanLue »

I think what styoda is saying is correct.The problem must be because of larger file size.Give it a try through less file size and checkout whether still the bug remains or not.
willissingleton

Post by willissingleton »

Yes the problem occurs due to the larger file size which creates problem due to limit of taking or sending any video or jpeg files.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I can confirm this problem on my end also.
Don't know if it's the number of input files or the size of the output file that's the root of the problem. But I guess this amount of data can't be handled correct.

I made some tests with 100 000 files. The progress bar hangs in the end and the output movie file of 2,5 GB is corrupt and not playable.

I spent a day trying to sort this problem out, but failed. The problem occurs in some libraries where I'm not in control.
I hope to change this part/function of Yawcam in a future version. Until then this problem has to be filed under known bugs. Sorry.

/malun