Suggestion: Default save location for capture images

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
tmalia

Suggestion: Default save location for capture images

Post by tmalia »

When saving a capture images, it always seems to default to "my documents". I tried assigning a different default save location for jpg files via the properties window of the libraries object in windows explorer but that didn't appear to have any effect in YAWCAM. it did change the default save location for other applications like Paint... but not for YAWCAM.

Is there any way to specify an alternative default save to location for capture images? If not, then this is an enhancement that I would like to request.

Thanks,
Tom
z3r0c00l12

Re: Default save location for capture images

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

You can set the save location of files in the settings. Each location will be under it's respective service. Ex: for file, and settings will be under file.
tmalia

Post by tmalia »

Thanks, I tried that. It didn't appear to have any effect on the "save" dialog from the capture windows.
I figured it must be for some other feature like something that just automatically saves to a file on a period bases and not for the "capture" function.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

No, the capture dialog will only remember the last saved path as long as Yawcam is running.
If you restart Yawcam, it will open up "My documents" again.

I'm tending to agree with you that it would be better if Yawcam remembered the path also during restarts.
Okay, I'm changing for the next version. A new beta version will soon be released.

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Default save location for capture images

Post by malun »

Please give this beta version a try:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3355

/malun