Hi, Does yawcam work with windows 8? thanks

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
huntercross14

Hi, Does yawcam work with windows 8? thanks

Post by huntercross14 »

if not than went do you plan to release it thanks :D
z3r0c00l12

Re: Hi, Does yawcam work with windows 8? thanks

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I dont have a pc with windows 8, but based on my knowledge, yawcam should work on it as long as java is installed.
huntercross14

Post by huntercross14 »

thanks it worked, but there is only 1 problem, I installed it on my pc and my laptop. My laptop and pc has a different port numbers in http and stream but whenever i restart and log back in, and when i click yamcam it gives this error" port"xxxx" is already in use, please select another port" and it disables my http and stream. but my laptop and pc has different port numbers? I dont know what is this happening, complete newb in networking. cheers :D
huntercross14

Post by huntercross14 »

help please with the port thingy, everytime when i open yawcam it says ports is already in use, and i have to change it everytime. thanks
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

There must be another yawcam process running, keeping the port busy, or you are selecting a port that is already in use by another application. Which port are you trying to use?
huntercross14

Post by huntercross14 »

i'm trying to use stream in port 8081, the thing is it works but after i shutdown my pc and restart back and open yawcam it disables stream and says "Port "8081" is already in use. Please select another port". than i change the port to something like 8082 and it works it is enabled, but if i shutdown again and turn my laptop on and click yawcam it says the Port 8082 is already in use. I constantly have to change the port each time i turn on my laptop and click yawcam, also only happens when i click yamcam, any idea why is this happening? Oh yeah i'm running yawcam as a service. cheers
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Can you check if the yawcam service is running? As the service would use the port and make that message come up.

You can try accessing it in your browser by going to http://127.0.0.1:8081/.

You can also check if yawcam_service.exe is running in task manager (make sure "Show processes from all users" is selected.)
huntercross14

Post by huntercross14 »

omfg, i though when i open yamcow and the process of it as a service were both the same. no wonder when i want to start yamcam i kept getting error bcuz it was already running in the background. took me whole day to realize that. anyway cheers thanks