Could be possible to take pics more than 1 for a second ?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
nasbot

Could be possible to take pics more than 1 for a second ?

Post by nasbot »

For example if a motion is detected to take pics as much as possible interval 0.3 sec . For now the lowest treshold is 1 sec.
kwikone

Re: Could be possible to take pics more than 1 for a second

Post by kwikone »

nasbot wrote:For example if a motion is detected to take pics as much as possible interval 0.3 sec . For now the lowest treshold is 1 sec.
Why would you want to??? By doing so you will DRASTICALLY SATURATE YOUR PC - especially if you have a high quality percentage. And, unless you are looking for split second timing (such as at the finish line of a race) you do not need a faster rate.
ShredMentor

Post by ShredMentor »

Personally, that's EXACTLY what I want to do. I'm trying to catch a repeat trespasser on my porch, & he's fast. A blurred smear of his face or the back of his head won't do, & the computer can handle it. Ideally, I'd prefer that Yawcam filmed VIDEO for a set length of time following a motion event.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

If you are using the motion detection you can set the file interval to milliseconds.

/malun
ct1fyw

Post by ct1fyw »

malun wrote:If you are using the motion detection you can set the file interval to milliseconds.

/malun
Hello,
I really enjoy the sw and I'm using it for projects with students.
I'm also interested in the possibility of getting more than 1 image per second without using the motion detector, can you set the values of the image grabber for a maximum of 10 or 20 images second? or maybe free run, and that will depend on the pc capacity to grab images. I really don't want video but still images with the milissecond time stamp on the file name.

/pedro
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I'm also interested in this :wink:
It's on the todo-list, but I can't say when it will be ready...

/malun