Webcam Online image viewer script?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
kingqueen

Webcam Online image viewer script?

Post by kingqueen »

I love Yawcam.

I have it so it uploads webcam000.jpg to a subdirectory of my website every 10 minutes, and knocks everything on so existing webcam000.jpg becomes webcam001.jpg etc. up to webcam149.jpg that becomes webcam150.jpg and webcam150.jpg gets deleted. That way at any one point it has the previous 24 hours of images online in 10 minute intervals.

I would like some form of script that creates thumbnails and presents them in a webpage, allowing any one to be enlarged or a slideshow or whatever.

At the moment I have a messy and bandwidth intensive "system" whereby 13 of the images - the most current and then every other 15th - are displayed in an HTML table, shrunk in visible size (not in filesize) by using attibutes in the IMG tag; clicking on an image shows it full size "outside" the website framework. That's very "rough and ready" and unsatisfactory for various reasons.

I've tried various scripts online but have yet to find one that does what I want. Mostly they want to do much more, allowing uploads via forms etc. "All" I want is for it to view images already in the folder, I don't need any of that fancy stuff.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!
Thomas Acid

Re: Webcam Online image viewer script?

Post by Thomas Acid »

You have done 95% and just need a script to create the thumbs, right?
Your webhost run PHP? If so, take a look at this thread:

http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 5809#p5809

just add a clickable link attribute to original (full size) image in "display lastest images" section and cut off the "deleting the old files" part.

Maybe you can find a better code to do it in google, but you will need to run php anyway.
camillem210

Post by camillem210 »

I wanna generateonline image viewer in C#.NET or WinForms, how about the info provide by the above link .Any suggestions are appreciated.
jxoco

Post by jxoco »

I have a webpage that displays 24hours of 'every 15 minutes' webcam shots by using the img size and a table 4 wide by whatever deep.
If I click on the first picture it shows it zoomed up in size.

So all of the picts are the native size on the ftp site and the webpage shows different sizes.
I have used up all of the space that the ISP gave me so I don't want to have a second set of smaller images.

It sounds to me that you already have it working good.
Are you sure you need to complicate it?
Abigail111

Post by Abigail111 »

Hello
For image viewer,i usually use this image windows image viewer.because they have detailed image viewing tutorail and some code .Of course including the script.
I found this one is easier to manage.You can have a look.Best wishes!