Numbering motion detection images?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
arniep

Numbering motion detection images?

Post by arniep »

Is there a way to sequentially number a set number of motion detection images for ftp, the same way that the regular ftp option does?

for example:
motion01.jpg through motion10.jpg and then the next image will use motion01.jpg and so forth?

Thanks.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

I found this in the Yawcam - On-line help
Yawcam -> Motion detection -> Actions -> Ftp

Image options - Specify the quality of the image and if the overlay shall be added to the saved image or not. You find more info about the overlay settings here and here.

Ftp server - Type in the address to the computer where the image shall be uploaded to.

Port - The port number on which the ftp server is running. (default is 21)

Username - The username for your ftp account.

Password - The password for your ftp account.

Directory - It is possible to specify in which subdirectory of your ftp account that the image shall be uploaded to. If you don't use a subdirectory just leave the text field empty as in the image above.

Filename - This option decides the name of the file. It is possible to use variables to get an array of images. See more info about the variables below. The "Info" button also shows information about the variables.

Image array - If the image array is activated Yawcam will save a sequence of images with a specified interval. Enter the number of images you want to save and the delay between the images in milliseconds. (1000 milliseconds is the same as 1 second.)

Remember to use variables in the filename if you activate the image array! If you use a static filename the image will be overwritten and you will only get one image instead of a sequence. If an interval smaller than 1000 ms is used, always include the variable {tstampMS} to get a complete image sequence.

Flood control - Activate the flood control to set a limit of how often this action can be performed. The action will be blocked if the time set in the interval not has passed since last time this action was taken.

It is possible to use the following variables in the filename:

{date} = The date in format YYYY-MM-DD
{dateY} = The current year in format YYYY
{dateM} = The current month in format MM
{dateD} = The current day of the month in format DD
{tstamp} = A time stamp in format HH.MM.SS
{tstampH} = The current hour in format HH
{tstampM} = The current minute in format MM
{tstampS} = The current second in format SS
{tstampMS} = The current millisecond
arniep

Post by arniep »

Thank you for that info. I did see that but none of the variables will do what I want....When motion is detected, I want to automatically upload 10 jpgs numbered sequentially 1 through 10. Then the next jpg would start over at 1 so that I have uploaded the last 10 jpgs showing motion. I can them display them on a web page.

Any ideas on how to do this?
DrYooper

Post by DrYooper »

Has anyone come up with a possible solution? I'm looking to do something similar...

The standard ftp upload (timed snapshots) will allow the variable:

image_{10}.jpg

which will upload 10 images, naming them image00.jpg, image01.jpg, etc...then start over when it reaches 10. The newest image is always named image00.jpg.

A similar option is not available for motion detection shots. Specifically what I would like to do is have yawcam upload a snapshot of the motion detection, with the filename 'motion.jpg' HOWEVER, the NEXT time motion is detected, I want the original motion.jpg renamed to 'motion1.jpg' and the NEW motion image uploaded to the FTP as 'motion.jpg'. This way, everytime new motion is detected, it will always be named 'motion.jpg' and I'll have an archive of old motion detection images.

This CAN be done with the timed snapshot FTP uploads...but apparently the same option isn't available for motion detection FTP uploads.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks.
monkeychops

Post by monkeychops »

I'm now trying to do exactly the same thing and have run into the same problem.

I want to have a static web page that displays a grid of motion capture images, so they need to have consistent filenames. For instance motion000.jpg, motion001.jpg.

As the previous poster said, this is possible with scheduled snapshots so why not motion detection snapshots?
ramy31

Post by ramy31 »

Hello,

I got the same exact need .... If someone could find a way to do it.....

Thanx

great soft though !
tijeff

Meaby

Post by tijeff »

You may try this :
image_{tstampS}.jpg

By using the "Seconds" you may generate 60 differents images , whit the same names every time. But you are then limited to a 1minute log, and you don't know witch image is the first.