VisiPics: A great way to weed out false positives!

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
doomsday_jesus

VisiPics: A great way to weed out false positives!

Post by doomsday_jesus »

I use a DIY Weatherproof YawCam webcam to monitor my "crib". I have yawcam set to record 10 images when motion is detected. Because the camera is outdoors and the sun \ wind \ clouds trigger motion I end up with a lot of false positive image files saved to my hard drive. I review my pics each day and it was taking a long time to go through them with all of these false positives... But no longer!!

Today I stumbled onto an application that does a great job of weeding out the false positive images!! "VisiPics" does a great job of finding similarities in images and makes it very easy to delete the duplicate images it finds. It takes about 45 seconds for VisiPics to process my image directory and eliminate the false positives caused by lighting issues. This program is going to save me a lot of time! It's freeware. It works! I recommend this to any Yawcam user who wants to greatly reduce the amount of false positive images they deal with.

You can download VisiPics at:
http://www.visipics.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Usage:

1. Install Visipics.
2. Run VisiPics.
3. Add Path where your motion detection images are recorded.
4. Set slider to one notch under "Strict".
5. Press the Play button.
6. Press Auto Select button.
7. Press either Delete or Move button to process the selected images. (I just Delete them.)
8. I recommend that you save the project. This way you can double click on the project file and all of the settings are retained.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

Cheers,
doomsday_jesus