Beginner Instructions: How to Setup, Configure Yawcam

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
stvmia

Beginner Instructions: How to Setup, Configure Yawcam

Post by stvmia »

I have downloaded Yawcam. I have played with the settings and can see myself in preview, but by accident, not because I can understand any of the instructions or posts on this Forum. Is it possible that somebody who really understands Yawcam and can empathize with Users who may not be as tech-savy, can post a detailed post, listing in minute detail and order, each step, with extra explanations for a BEGINNER? When I download a program, like Firefox or Thunderbird or Open Office, I am not used to having to setting up or dealing with terms such as proxy, FTP, overlay text, setting up port numbers, etc. not to mention BBCode..... All this suggests this program is strictly for the advanced user. If this is true, blow me off by just saying that. Before trying to set up this program, I considered myself an intermediate technology person. But now, I guess the truth is, I am a beginner, even after 15+ years of using computers. I am not a programmer. I am a USER. USERS don't usually mess with Proxy and IP addresses and firewall setting, unless they are given Step-By-Step, DETAILED instructions. I heard about Yawcam through the Kim Komando website, which caters to all levels of Users. The program sounds very useful and I would really like to succeed at learning how to use it, if someone is willing to try holding a beginner's hand and offering a different version of Set-Up Instructions, something a little more basic and understandable for Beginners. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!

I would like to set up Yawcam to take video or snapshots for up to 5-10 minutes after detecting motion and save to my hard drive. It is not important for it to send me an e-mail but would like to know how to set that up as well.

1) I am a Beginner;
2) I have a new Windows 7 laptop;
3) I use Zone Alarm as my Firewall;
4) I use Windows screen-saver and sleep timer. I guess I should disable both of these features?
5) I have a Gmail account and my E-Mail client is Thunderbird;
6) I want to use the built-In Screen Webam.