WebCam Detection

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
cleggy1

WebCam Detection

Post by cleggy1 »

Hello, Thank you for a piece of great software. I have used it very successfully but have been away from it for a few months, i have come back to use it and am unable to detect my camera. I have installed sp2 for xp since the last time i used it or it may be my fat fingers that have change somthing!! Any sugestions??
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Have you added any new video sources to your computer? (i.e. a TV-card, additional webcam, etc.)

Let test if this helps:
Make a backup of your settings file (named: yawcam_settings.xml, located in your yawcam directory: i.e. c:\program files\yawcam), and then delete the original one.
Try to start Yawcam and detect the webcam again.

If this doesn't help, please reinstall Yawcam and see it makes any difference.

It's always hard to locate the problem when Yawcam doesn't detect the webcam... :cry:

/malun
cleggy1

Post by cleggy1 »

Thanks for your reply. I havn't installed any new video cards or drivers since i last used Yawcam. I have uninstalled and the reinstalled the software, my logitec camera is still not availble and now on the yawcam preview only on the local machine show the TV channel (i have my sky box fed into the card for dvcr). As i said i have used Yawcam in the past and it has worked perfectly. Its likly to be something i have done but i cant think what would effect it :cry: :cry:
Lopton

Realize this is old but...

Post by Lopton »

I realize this is an old thread, but the samething just happened to my logitech fusion camera. I have tried everything, but Yawcam will not detect it. I have uninstalled the camera completely, unistalled Yawcam, reinstalled camera, then Yawcam, and it still just will not detect it =(

-=Lopton=-
Cleggy

Post by Cleggy »

just a quick note, after a bit of trouble with my graphics drivers (a whole different problem)ive reinstalled all my drivers and i have had another go with Yawcam and hey presto everything is ok. I would like to say sorry to Malun for ever doubting Yawcam!!!